• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 barracuda gran coupe with twin build buldge hood

roy282

Reaction score
It is numbers matching everything original and California car however I do not want to put miles on it so I will change the engine. I recently bought a 440 6 pack engine that I want to drop in. I also bought the twin buldge hood and I want to make the rear end a sure grip. I got a third member for it. I also want to add a go wing. But when I get to restoring the car I will save the original deck lid and hood and all the other parts as well so if I ever decide to sell the car I sell it all original and that way I don't make holes in the original deck lid I'll get a different one for that so it all has correct date codes. And stays all original. I know it can be worth good money that way. And I know mopar people love matching date codes on every part possible. But that way while I own it and hopefully my whole life I enjoy it as I visioned it. Or if I ever want to go back all stock I can just switch it all back.
Sure sounds like you have it planed out pretty good best of luck with your 1970 barracuda gran coupe project!! and please let us know when you start a restoration thread.
cheers,
Rob

David B

Reaction score
It's still a project but here are some pics. I tried finding another one on google and haven't been able to find one but my favorite color on the barracudas is the pinkish color but with white vynl top and interior I may want to make it crazy plum purple I feel it would fit it well. I'm 50/50 on leaving original paint. Original interior and vynl top is 100%. It's still a project all original so paint is no where near perfect. And put tiny tires on to make it roll when I moved it so it doesn't look as mean or muscle like at the moment.

View attachment 33095

View attachment 33097

View attachment 33098

View attachment 33099

View attachment 33100

View attachment 33101

View attachment 33102

View attachment 33104

David B

Reaction score
It's still a project but here are some pics. I tried finding another one on google and haven't been able to find one but my favorite color on the barracudas is the pinkish color but with white vynl top and interior I may want to make it crazy plum purple I feel it would fit it well. I'm 50/50 on leaving original paint. Original interior and vynl top is 100%. It's still a project all original so paint is no where near perfect. And put tiny tires on to make it roll when I moved it so it doesn't look as mean or muscle like at the moment.

View attachment 33095

View attachment 33097

View attachment 33098

View attachment 33099

View attachment 33100

View attachment 33101

View attachment 33102

View attachment 33104
Ive attached photos of my 1970 Cuda convert white interior/white interior with white hockey stripe. Hopes this helps with your color choice.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Luis9995

Reaction score
Ive attached photos of my 1970 Cuda convert white interior/white interior with white hockey stripe. Hopes this helps with your color choice.

View attachment 37146

View attachment 37147
I have white vynl too not interior so would look very very similar. Do you know the paint info? Like how to make it. That way I have it saved and ready for when I'm ready to have the paint job done I'll have the exact mixes for the painter and paint shop

340challconvert

Reaction score
Burnt Orange is a stunning color with a white interior.
It is your choice, but please keep it the stock color.
Just attached an enticement: Pic of a Gran Coupe in that color!
Burnt Orange Gran Coupe.jpg

Best of luck with your car!
Dino2 (1).gif

Back