• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 barracuda gran coupe with twin build buldge hood

quapman

Reaction score
Oooooooooooo, another purple cuda? Yayyyyyyyyyyyy. Not.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
I agree: This would really be a sharp car in it's original colours. I would have to add a bulge hood as well if it were mine.

Sheldon

Luis

Reaction score
I agree: This would really be a sharp car in it's original colours. I would have to add a bulge hood as well if it were mine.

Sheldon
I'be Been looking at pictures of the sun burnt metallic and I think I will keep the original colors. I purchased a twin buldge hood yesterday but since everything is original I'll paint both when I get to that step in case I ever decide to switch back with hoods

quapman

Reaction score
Adding the raisin bran hood should only enhance the value of the car. If you were going to leave it alone as a survivor, that's another story. In the end we hope you just do what makes you happy while maintaining as much originality as possible. It's a tough tightrope sometimes!

Luis

Reaction score
Adding the raisin bran hood should only enhance the value of the car. If you were going to leave it alone as a survivor, that's another story. In the end we hope you just do what makes you happy while maintaining as much originality as possible. It's a tough tightrope sometimes!
Really? So if I were to sell it some day down the road restored for whatever reason if I had both hoods painted it would sell for more with the hoodni added? Not with the original?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The power bulge hood was not available on the Grand Coupe. If you want one, put it on and keep the original.
70_Barracuda0006.jpg

quapman

Reaction score
Really? So if I were to sell it some day down the road restored for whatever reason if I had both hoods painted it would sell for more with the hoodni added? Not with the original?

In my opinion, yes. Just about any buyer would add it anyway.

aussiemark

Reaction score
If you were a cash buyer back in the day and wanted that hood on your new Grand Coupe without a dealer fitted colour matched hood I'm sure they would have it fitted on the line for you.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
They would not have switched hoods on the assembly line. Your local dealer would be happy to sell, paint and fit one for you. When you add labor and material costs it would have been smarter to buy a Cuda with the Grand Coupe option.

PlumCrazyRTSE

Reaction score
When you add labor and material costs it would have been smarter to buy a Cuda with the Grand Coupe option.

There was no such thing as a Cuda Gran Coupe, only a Barracuda Gran Coupe. Unfortunately, Plymouth didn't have an equivalent to the Challenger R/T SE.

aussiemark

Reaction score
They would not have switched hoods on the assembly line. Your local dealer would be happy to sell, paint and fit one for you. When you add labor and material costs it would have been smarter to buy a Cuda with the Grand Coupe option.
I have read about cars that had engines fitted into models that didn't allow it as an option though not common I am sure if you were a cash buyer and paid up front or at least a substantial deposit they would do it rather then risk losing a sale possibly to the opposition. When I worked as a mechanic for the local government the fleet officer was able to order pickups from Ford with options that normal customers couldn't get. If there is no finance involved or you are buying several vehicles they do bend the rules.

roy282

Reaction score
You'll find that FK5 Deep Burnt Orange Metallic will grow on you!! I Sure love It!!

IMG_4406.JPG

Luis

Reaction score
You'll find that FK5 Deep Burnt Orange Metallic will grow on you!! I Sure love It!!

View attachment 34117
Also a gran coupe like mine! Except mine is a white vynl top and white interior unrestored however. What engine did yours come with ? I'm curious

Last edited:

Luis

Reaction score
It's an original n code car 383 4bl BP23NOB

View attachment 34147
mine too!! Any clue as to how to know if it's a 335 hp or 330hp engine? I seem to find contradicting results. I also am adding the hood and road lamps. But no luggage rack. Great car tho she's a beauty!

roy282

Reaction score
Your car is a diamond in the rough, not many of these N code cars left!!and I would leave it as close to original as possible especially If it's numbers matching!! As for the 335 or 330hp the 1970 barracuda gran coupe 383 4bl motors where blue and had the 330hp from what I heard?But not 100% for sure!!When I bought mine it did not come with the original motor but I plan on painting the motor blue not orange.Can't wait to see the progress on your car, take your time, plan it out and you will get there!!Where that DIAMOND will be just a BLINGING once again!!

Cheers
Rob

IMG_4409.JPG

Luis

Reaction score
Your car is a diamond in the rough, not many of these N code cars left!!and I would leave it as close to original as possible especially If it's numbers matching!! As for the 335 or 330hp the 1970 barracuda gran coupe 383 4bl motors where blue and had the 330hp from what I heard?But not 100% for sure!!When I bought mine it did not come with the original motor but I plan on painting the motor blue not orange.Can't wait to see the progress on your car, take your time, plan it out and you will get there!!Where that DIAMOND will be just a BLINGING once again!!

Cheers
Rob

View attachment 34149
It is numbers matching everything original and California car however I do not want to put miles on it so I will change the engine. I recently bought a 440 6 pack engine that I want to drop in. I also bought the twin buldge hood and I want to make the rear end a sure grip. I got a third member for it. I also want to add a go wing. But when I get to restoring the car I will save the original deck lid and hood and all the other parts as well so if I ever decide to sell the car I sell it all original and that way I don't make holes in the original deck lid I'll get a different one for that so it all has correct date codes. And stays all original. I know it can be worth good money that way. And I know mopar people love matching date codes on every part possible. But that way while I own it and hopefully my whole life I enjoy it as I visioned it. Or if I ever want to go back all stock I can just switch it all back.

Luis

Reaction score
I believe there are pictures of mine on page 1 of this post. Complete project but had everything down to the original battery which unfortunately leaked and rusted the battery tray and a piece on side wall next to the battery

challenger6pak

Reaction score
N code cars are 330 hp. With the auto they were blue and with the 4 speed they were orange. There have been a few exceptions found. I have a 70 Challenger N code 383 4 speed car.

Back