• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Challenger for sale, panther pink, very nice driver,very clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

forzav12

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I purchased this Challenger from a forum member last year. It was in nice shape but needed completion. It is originally a California car with about 65K. 318, Slapstik auto, PS,PB. It was painted panther pink and the color change was very thorough. The paint is very nice driver quality and I will include nearly a half gallon of extra PP with sale. I replaced the interior(seats, carpet, sills, belts and a ton of dyno mat), weatherstripping, installed a 2 1/2" mandrel bent, H-pipe exhaust in stainless steel with new R/T tips and HiPo manifolds, correct 340 HP air cleaner, 70 heater valve, factory black out on hood and side stripes. I also installed an 8 3/4 rear end,new balanced driveshaft, had the brakes completely gone through, correct appearing plug wires, shroud, grey KYBs, tie rod ends, alignment and fixed all of the gauges. While the factory radio is included, I also installed a modern radio with a stock looking appearance. The wood was replaced on the console. I purchased the complete tail light chrome housings as well. I also sourced a compact spare and air canister. In short, this Challenger is a very nice driver now and is incredibly popular at our Cars and Coffee and cruising around town. It is currently registered and insured in California in my name. It looks and drives well. I can find no evidence of prior damage and the underside is clean and rust free. The instruments all work as do the lights and signals. It has somewhere around a 3 to 1 gear ratio, so it cruises on the highway very well. It runs super cool out here-even in our recent 95-100 degree days. The hi po exhaust and air cleaner make for a lively 318.
Issues? Not much. The factory AC was removed(although I have all of it and it will be included with the sale). The choke on the carb(4bbl Edlebrock) doesn't work very well-I think its the wire and will try and have it dialed in before sale), so the car is slightly cold blooded until it warms up. It looks like there were a couple very minor patches made to the trunk-still shows very nice and they are under a new rubber trunk mat. The dash emblem is missing-I may have it and will include if I find it. The tires, while showing good tread, are probably old although there isn't any cracking and they drive fine. A minor crack on console. Windshield wipers need to be "parked" with the switch. Thats about it.
My plan was to buy this for my wife and have her drive this car to accompany me to the shows(I have a Vanishing Point Challenger). I was going to install the AC and she'd have had a nice Mopar cruiser. She didn't go for it and prefers her Porsche. Oh well. I have a number of classics and just need to reduce the collection a bit, or I'd keep this Challenger. Its a cool car and everyone wants to talk to you about it.
19K DSC_0112.jpgDSC_0115.jpgDSC_0123.jpgDSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

forzav12

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and one more for the Mopar faithful-find the hidden Road Runner in the pic. ;)

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

cuda8u

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you post pics of any rust/problem ares of paint and also pics of undercarriage on a hoist?

forzav12

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you post pics of any rust/problem ares of paint and also pics of undercarriage on a hoist?

here are a couple. No real problem areas in paint. Pretty nice driver quality paint-a few areas where it could stand a bit more color sanding/buffing, I guess. Other than the mentioned trunk repair areas(minor), I didn't notice anything else. No bubbles,cracks,etc

DSC_0138 (2).jpgDSC_0141.jpgDSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0138 (2).jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back