• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger R/T 340 4bbl

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I agree. I do these cars for a living. I can see you having a quick $8,000 in labor to straighten the car out without buying any parts. The advice I give people is to buy the most valauble car they car afford. It seems you can afford an R/T. Why buy the R/T? You never know what will happen in life and you never know if you will need to sell it. There are planty of R/T's out there that are non numbers matching. I have one that has no fender tag or build sheet and that is why I bought it. I want to build one the colors and options I want. If I have to sell it in the future, it is an R/T and it will sell at less of a loss than a regular Challenger.

Shifty556

Reaction score
Told him I was walking and he came down to 8500, heh.

Still sounds like a mess. I'm the type of guy that's not above using Bondo in moderation. I don't mind the floor being rusty. I don't mind rust on the inner fender wells or a black spray bombed engine bay. I'll keep looking, but no car I get will get a royal treatment. It'll look good on the outside, and rust may hide in some places, waiting to emerge again.

Thanks all for the advice, you've given me a lot to think about.

Shifty556

Reaction score
Take that previous comment with a grain of salt. I'm not going to build a car held together with tape and bubble gum, but I'm never going to fully restore something. Not worth it to me.

moparleo

Reaction score
When ever you have a question about somthing like this I to put myself in the other guys shoes and think about it again. Or pretend like your are with your best friend who is looking at this car and he is asking you for honest advice on whether it is a good deal or not.
Generally when there is a little voice in your head saying you should think about it some more, it is telling you to walk away. There is always, repeat always another deal out there. All done.

Shifty556

Reaction score
Against my better judgement...I drove out there to give the car another look. Poked around under the car while the guy was inside taking a phone call. Left many large piles of rust under the car. Frame members were basically disintegrated in many spots. Then, I left.

Phew, what a heap.

68427vette

Reaction score
WOW,, thank goodness you walked,, 3500-tops on that junk!! 318 rust bucket with decent interior,,,,good for parts, if it had a "V" or "JOB" in the vin,,, maybe...wink wink

Back