• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda Heater Control Valve

ssdanny69

Reaction score
Newbie on board saying hello and needing help. Currently working on the heating and a/c portion of the resto and was wondering where the heater control valve is mounted. I have a 340 with air and bought an aftermarket heater control valve that is "gold" in color and id not come with any additonal brackers. I was able to find the control cable from Year One.

The valve that is sold by classicautoair looks nothing like what I recently purchased. Any information and related pics is greatly appreciated.

74 challenger

Reaction score
i only know on my 74 challenger its under the hood on the passenger back side , look up thead on heater/ac cable someone put a pic up for me dealing with the cable.let me know if you still need help. welcome to the site suprised no one answered you.

moparleo

Reaction score
heater control valve

The 70 heater control valve is black plastic on top and red ceramic on bottom piece. It is a 2 piece part. It uses a bracket that mounts to the pass. fender apron close to the firewall. The inner fender has dimples where the braket mounts. You may have to drill 2 holes if they are not there.

hcv.jpg

Last edited:

cv70chall

Reaction score
Does anyone have a layout of how the valve works? I need to know what position is OPEN and what is CLOSED. Thanks-

challenger6pak

Reaction score
To the firewall is open and to the front grille is closed IIRC. We never use heat in South Florida.

Back