• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda space saver tire/rim WIW?

Luis

Reaction score
What’s the value on a space saver tire. Tire is cracked but seems to hold air at least for a week so far. It did bubble outward tho. When I bought it about 8 years ago the man said it was from his 70 challenger convertible. Someone also told me k2 stamp means convertible or AAR/TA. Not sure if that’s accurate. Any experts? I do believe 1970 has the 6th hole. Probably early 70 with the 9 below the k2.

Anyone know the value? I’ve heard $1,500 I’ve heard $100 and anything in between.

IMG_1804.jpeg

IMG_1805.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1802.jpeg

Finoke

Reaction score
Most collectors would prefer to have one that isn't inflated. Because they sometimes don't return real close to the rim once deflated again. Is it a BF Goodrich tire?

Luis

Reaction score
Most collectors would prefer to have one that isn't inflated. Because they sometimes don't return real close to the rim once deflated again. Is it a BF Goodrich tire?
Yes it’s BF Goodrich F78-14

floyd

Reaction score
UPDATE: I’m updating my input after looking more closely at the pics. I think you should spend some time scrubbing the tire and cleaning the rim while inflated. (Detergent and tire bleach cleaner only). Then pull the valve from the stem and deflate it back to storage condition. The value will depend greatly on the appearance of the tire sidewalls and treads. If the treads are good and the deflated tire isn’t misshaped, you could be in a higher range. If the tire is really rough it’s probably worth a few hundred IMO.

Last edited:

NixDad

Reaction score
if you determine the rim is the only salvagable piece, i would be interested. PM sent...if that is the direction.
I am just looking for a rim.

Back