• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 dodge challenger power steering box ?

wss340challenger

Reaction score
hello ,my WSS challenger has power steering and im looking for info on a replacing the box with a swap from something else -- maybe a police car ?

dongei

Reaction score
I replaced mine from Advance Auto parts cost $49.00 and was an exact match to my original.

js29

Reaction score
Firm feel rebuilds your core, and can put in A 16 to 1 ratio kit. there is A Pittman arm and idler arm kit to change the steering ratio as well.

SASSY

Reaction score
Strongly recommend "FRIM FEEL" They come in different levels of resistance and made a tremendous difference in my 72' challenger. They are resized/rebuilt and a perfect addition to the car. www.firmfeel.com

4404spd

Reaction score
I have the stage 3 firm feel. Its a little to firm but I'm getting use to it.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Same FF3 with fast ratio pitman & idler arm tuff wheel major improvement over the stock the other option is the Borgeson Delphi adapted for the e body basically a landcruiser box appears to have the mounting plate welded to the Delphi housing.
with the adapter hoses & Shaft coupler pushing close to $900

5241.jpg

5241.jpg

rt63

Reaction score
Do you regret not going with the firm feel 2.My stock box needs to be replaced,the car is wondering all over the road.And I am still trying to choose between the 2 and 3.

Litchkar

Reaction score
I put in a firm feel stage 3 box. It is tight like a modern car. No regrets at all.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Litchkar -- Which ps pump are you running.. the Saginaw or the Federal? You probably know that the Federal pump cannot keep up with fastquick l-r-l-r- slalom type maneuvering, especially with any increased rpms. So... I, too, will probably be sending my current T/A ps box to FF for a rebuild, but... I'm wondering about Stg 2 or 3. I know some ppl that have stg 2 and said they should've done stg 3... and some that have stg 3 and are very satisfied... BUT.. I've never been able to test drive someone's car with either stg 2 or 3.. ABND that they have the Saginaw ps pump (the mFederal-ps pumps should all be thrown into the garbage, IMO, becaue they can't perform as described with fast l-r-l-r maneuvers (such as through slaloms, which my primary action with the car (T/A). Hopefully you have the Saginaw ps pump... so... could you try it out and let me (us) know???? would be most appreciated. I'll eventually talk/discuss with FF.

Also, I do like the Borgenson ps box, but.. since I have a T/A ps box already I may as well keep it (even though the lighter weight is appealing to me with the Borgenson ps box).

Pacoloco

Reaction score
Dongei, do you have the part# for that replacement from AAP, Im closer to the $50 range vs $900. I was qouted $70 bucks to rebuild my original but have heard so many bad things, figured I'd replace.

Any thoughts, thanks in advance.

74, Barracuda 318

dongei

Reaction score
The parts to repair it cost $8.00 but the replacement pump assembly is $49.00 from Advance auto Parts. You can check it out before you buy it , like i said before Mine was an perfect match.

71solo2challenger

Reaction score
Litchkar -- Which ps pump are you running.. the Saginaw or the Federal? You probably know that the Federal pump cannot keep up with fastquick l-r-l-r- slalom type maneuvering, especially with any increased rpms. So... I, too, will probably be sending my current T/A ps box to FF for a rebuild, but... I'm wondering about Stg 2 or 3. I know some ppl that have stg 2 and said they should've done stg 3... and some that have stg 3 and are very satisfied... BUT.. I've never been able to test drive someone's car with either stg 2 or 3.. ABND that they have the Saginaw ps pump (the mFederal-ps pumps should all be thrown into the garbage, IMO, becaue they can't perform as described with fast l-r-l-r maneuvers (such as through slaloms, which my primary action with the car (T/A). Hopefully you have the Saginaw ps pump... so... could you try it out and let me (us) know???? would be most appreciated. I'll eventually talk/discuss with FF.

Also, I do like the Borgenson ps box, but.. since I have a T/A ps box already I may as well keep it (even though the lighter weight is appealing to me with the Borgenson ps box).

Mitch,
I have the FF Stage 3 with fast ratio pitman/idler & Saginaw box. Works great!! I wouldn't go down to the stage 2.

fm3426HEMI

Reaction score
firm feel satge 3 all the way with sector ceneter suppoert and idler roller bearing, hotchkis tvs, subframes and torsion bars and fox adjustables. car rides like a slot car..

Back