• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 hemi shaker auto

Echthemi

Reaction score
880 134.jpg
Beginning the planning phase of a long total restoration on a car I wish to keep and drive. It is a real hemi shaker car with non numbers matching auto transmission. Engine block and rest of numbers match. Car was ordered with auto and 8 3/4 rear. B5 blue, blue interior, says special order on fender tag. Recently for sale in Dallas at Pete's.

What is impact on resale value of replacing the auto with an 18 spline 833 manual factory service replacement unit with no vin from 1972? The rear would would be appropriate dana 60.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! If you want to keep and drive it than it doesn't matter what you do with it. I would hold onto all of the original hardware that you don't use in the resto, it should stay with the car.

4mayhemi

Reaction score
It's so hard to predict future pricing. Maybe the tide changes and rare column shift cars become sought after? Who knows, if you want to drive it do what you wish, just keep all parts, cut sheetmetal, everything so as not to limit opportunities in the future.

IMO any deviation from an original Hemi though will affect value. Like today, if it was restored all else being equal, I could see it bringing 210K instead of 230K with a trans hack.

fk5aar

Reaction score
I vote for original resto, maybe original owner wanted to save weight with 8 3/4

Back