• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 tail lights

oskar

Reaction score
Just bought myself my dream car!!! But it is complicated though, so i might need some advice. I think i know what most of you think about originality, i want the same. Mine is a 1970 dodge challenger, but in a strange way, the previous owner replaced the 1970 tail light with the one from 1971. My goal is to put it back in original shape. Does anyone know how to do this? i have never worked on this kind of problem before, so i do not want to mess up! The other thing is, i bought this car through a friend, so i only saw it through a series of pictures. As i was looking for this car for many, many months, I was so anxious I just had to have it. I think some of you will understand . So if you can help me, pleas do. Thanks!!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hopefully the tailpanel that the lights mount to wasn't butchered to badly. I'd start by purchasing the correct parts, which are available aftermarket. It won't be difficult to remove the current assemblies and get a good visual inspection of what you will need to do to make them work. Worst case scenario is you will have to change out the rear tailpanel, which is what you will have to do if you want it to look correct from inside the trunk.

oskar

Reaction score
Ok thanks, i'll do that. I don't think it's in a bad shape, but I do want to change the rear tailpanel, to make it look exactly like it came out of the factory. Thanks again for the help,I'll keep in touch

Back