• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor Challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a matching numbers 1971 Challenger convertible with a 318. Car just came back from paint. Beautiful gloss black. Floor, quarters, trunk, fenders are all new and very straight. Has R/T hood and spoiler. Interior is out of the car but has all been redone minus the dash. Will need a new convertible top as well. Brand new exhaust system is on the car along with a new carb and 4 barrel intake. I have the original intake and and carb along with the original fenders. Also have the original grill in beautiful condition that is worth $1500 alone. I also have new chrome for the trunk and quarters along with new bumpers. The car has a clean title and the original build sheet. I’m asking 35k obo. Price is negotiable and I’m also open to trades of equal value. Car is worth 50k+ when finished. Let me know if you’re interested in this and I will take some pictures.

Last edited:

Trevor Challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father went into the hospital and juggling my college courses and sports on top of the car is more than I want to handle. Looking to see what is out there for offers. If there is nothing than I will sit on the car and finish it when I can

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post some pics? Are there any missing parts? From your description, sounds like it's running or almost running. Thanks.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm unsure of where you are finding the values. A real factory 383 71 convertible normally sells around $40,000. A 318 car is worth less than a 383 car. The 40 is for a complete nice running car. Grilles are not selling for $1500 unless it is a NOS peice. You may not get that for NOS. Of course there is always the exception when someone over pays, but it is not the rule.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was thinking his asking price sounded like a fair place to start and I'm a bit surprised on your statement that N codes are only selling for 40K. I think that's a little light.

Adam

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. The value of anything is ultimately determined by what someone is willing to pay... Advertise it long enough, in enough places and you can get top dollar.

That being said, 35k sounds like a good deal.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking his asking price sounded like a fair place to start and I'm a bit surprised on your statement that N codes are only selling for 40K. I think that's a little light.
The market has been up and down. There is a nice N code that just closed on Ebay for $40,000.
My buddy just bought a purple N code for 15,000. It needs work, but is a complete driver. I run a year to year tracking with certain cars and pull an average. It really does depend on demand. I don't feel a 318 convertible is worth $50,000. I have seen them sell for that, but they no longer have the 318 in them. BTW. When you figure inflation etc. very few cars have gone up in value in the last 5 years.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Your buddy bought a complete N-code '71 vert that runs and drives for 15K? Was it numbers matching? I'll look for the one on EBay. I was told by several experts what they thought mine was worth as is a few years ago before all the work I put into it over the last couple of years and it was more than 40K.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was hoping you weren't talking about this one....
IMG_2565.JPG

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes numbers matching. I did see that one at a glance at Ebay. I wasn't trying to start anything. Just giving my opinion. Mainly from his explanation I don't see his car worth what he believes it is worth. I find his prices like that of a N code convertible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back