• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1972 Challenger Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy guacamole

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello Everyone! Thanks for the add. I have a 72 Challenger 340 4 speed car. I started this project over 15 yrs ago. I bought the car running and driving and planned a basic repaint, but decided to do a full restoration. I stripped the car and had bodywork done and put in primer at a local shop. I'm at a point where I need to finish it, or part ways and sell it. Anyone on here interested in a project car? I Have everything minus the trunk lid. I don't know how to price it or what it's worth as it is so I'm just going to put a price on it per rules. $12,000 obo. I'm located in Evansville Indiana. Please feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks

20191227_085502.jpg

20191227_085441.jpg

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site Jimmy from Michigan. You should tell us more about the car, how much metal was replaced, what comes with the car?

jimmy guacamole

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site Jimmy from Michigan. You should tell us more about the car, how much metal was replaced, what comes with the car?
Thanks moparlee,
The car was a complete driver when I bought it. Fender tag shows original color as Basin Street blue with white vinyl top, blue interior and H price class.
The car was taken down to metal and put on a frame rack before any body work was done. The body was in really good shape after being stripped, minus the roof. It had a few very small issue areas from the vinyl top. I didn't plan on putting a vinyl top back on so I found a parts car and had the body shop put on the new top. I opted to shave the door handles, but have originals. I bought a new 4 speed that comes with it. All drivetrain, suspension interior comes with the car.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When you say you bought a new 4 speed do you mean it comes with a used one that was new to you that needs to be rebuilt? You have all of the parts required to install it? What condition is the engine in? Stock suspension needing a rebuild? Interior require a complete resto?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Also, does it have a fender tag or build sheet? Numbers matching engine? Original 4 speed car?

jimmy guacamole

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say you bought a new 4 speed do you mean it comes with a used one that was new to you that needs to be rebuilt? You have all of the parts required to install it? What condition is the engine in? Stock suspension needing a rebuild? Interior require a complete resto?
I bought the 4 speed from passion performance while at the Nats. Engine ran well before I pulled and is in storage with everything else.. I was told it been built but cannot confirm. Yes it is an original 4 speed car. Yes stock suspension would need rebuilt. I believe I have bushing kit in storage but not 100% sure. All interior was in the car. Seats would need upholstery, carpet kit ect...

20191229_083745.jpg

SFEbody

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy, if your car was built blue, who painted it Yellow? and when it was stripped was the underside stripped also? if so I am assuming you were going back with yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back