• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 challenger 440 727

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedoghunter

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is a project car I started working on, just don't have the time to finish it.

Car was originally a 318 automatic. now has a 440, 727 auto. The car has the original paint on the tops of the fenders and the tops of the doors. origional 14" magnum 500 wheels, origional white interior.

Body: all work was done professionally at a restoration shop.
New goodmark quarters left and right, outer wheel houses, trunk drops, trunk floor, rear deck filler (dutchman) pannel. trim holes were filled along the sides of the car, and rust repaired in the doors. about $2800 of new metal installed on this car (that does not include labor). It will need new drivers floor pans.

Engine is a rebuilt 440 ('68 block, I think. I took a picture of the stamp pad, check it out for your self) with less than 50 mi on it. It has a mopar preformance purple cam, edlebrock torker intake, and edlebrock carb.
transmission was also rebuilt at same time, 727 torqueflight.

I installed a new BE COOL direct fit alumnium radiator and duel electric fans 700 hp rating, that setup costs over $1300.

I installed on the engine new HP exhaustmanifolds ceramic coated from year one.

axle is an 8 3/4 with a 489 case with open 3.23 gears. I have a posi 489 case with 4.30 or 3.91 gears, but it is not installed.

It has a ralley hood, I do have the inserts for it. I have all the trim for this car as well as the tail lights. And rear bumper, rear glass. This car was complete and original (minus engine) before I started the restoration. I have all the A/C components, trim, trim rings for the wheels, original radio...

I will not sell the hood by its self. I will sell the car without the engine and tranny.

I have over 30 pictrues to view here: http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x348/prairiedoghunter/1973%20challenger%20440/?start=all

I would be interested in a trade for a muscle car, chevy or dodge. body and paint has already been done or is in driver quality. only a standard transmission car.

PM me if you are interested, or if you are REALLY interested call me at 719 892 0320

$14,000 OBO

1973 challenger 009.jpg

1973 challenger 013.jpg

1973 challenger 018.jpg

1973 challenger 014.jpg

1973 challenger 022.jpg

prairiedoghunter

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

prairiedoghunter

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still for sale?

This car is sold!

But wait, I have another 73 challenger I am thinking of selling.

after i sold this challenger i came across a 73 cuda that I am working on right now. so I would be interested in selling my other challenger that i was planning on painting.

other 73 challenger for sale has new quarters, a 6 pak hood, and is ALL in primer ready to be block sanded and painted. I kept the 440 out of the other challenger when I sold it, so I have that engine and transmission. Also I had plans to make this challenger a 4 speed car so I gathered up a transmission hump, clutch pedal assembly and an a-833 4 speed transmission. also planned for this car was a 340 6 pak engine, which i had rebuilt with forged internals, (for the right price I would sell that engine also).

Price for this challenger w/out any engine or transmission: $6700 ( it is in much better shape than the challenger I sold(pictured in this post)

If I get serious about selling this car I will make an add with pictures and such. However If YOU are interested in it,

send me a pm if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back