• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Dodge Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar1973

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is going to be a long ad but if you read through the entire ad there shouldn't be very many questions. First and foremost: Sold AS-IS with NO ENGINE.

Body: Clear coat is peeling, was a vinyl top car, has bondo in quarters and rockers, all around good driver and never really cared about paint or bodywork truthfully. Door and roof rail weather stripping was all recently replaced, car does not leak inside. New chrome on trunk lid and on rear quarter panels.

Underhood: all BRAND NEW MSD 6-AL2 ignition box, billet distributor, blaster 2 coil and new wires as well for a small block. Has aluminum radiator, have steering box that needs to go in the car. New brake booster and master cylinder with new brake lines throughout. 3 speed wiper motor...was an a/c car. Heater core is bypassed. Only thing you will need is your small block carb to oil pan and it ill drop in. All accessories and bracketry included! Have headers for a small block and complete R/T exhaust that go with the car as well. Trans cooler lines are new as well.

Interior: Interior was redone (seats/headliner) and is in excellent condition. Seats have houndstooth inserts and are in perfect condition. Dome light is missing, door panels are a different shade of green. Has 3 speaker dash, dash is cracked down the middle, comes with dash cover. Rallye cluster, clock on far right works intermittently, factory tach never worked, never cared enough to troubleshoot. All other gauges are functional however some may be disconnected for aftermarket gauges. Has 5in tach on the column and 3 gauge pod underneath the radio. Slap-stik center console whichis in good shape and works properly. Radio works, has 2 speakers above rear seats that work just fine. Carpet is dirty, not perfect but its there and it functions. Kill switch hidden inside car.

DRIVETRAIN:
Trans: 727 with a cheetah reverse pattern manual valve body. Fresh overhaul, shifts great and never gave me an issue in the 4 years its been in the car. Currently has a 3800 stall in it, comes with that and a 3000 stall converter BNIB. I don't care who buys it, I will guarantee the trans for anyone that purchases the car.

Driveshaft is new with new yoke and new ujoints and is balanced.

Rear: 4.30s with a fresh overhaul and maybe 2000 street miles on it. Stock axles with green bearings, never had an issue with either. ALL brake hardware is new (front disc, rotors, calipers, pads, all wheel bearings--rear drums, shoes, misc hardware, wheel cylinders, rear brake lines across rear axle), super stock springs with new shackles, pinion snubber, rear is a 489 housing I THINK and a big yoke rear. I'll crawl under and confirm.

Rims: comes with 6 weld superlites. Front 2 have skinnies which are BRAND NEW (maybe 100 miles on them total) and 2 275/60r15 M/T ET Street Drag radials on the back, also have 2 more rims with MT ET Drag slicks on them.

Fuel system: Fuel tank is new, sending unit is new, all fuel line (aerospace 303 line or something like that) is new, comes with braided line and a BNIB Holley Black pump and Fuel pressure regulator that I never put on the car.

Front end: Completely redone with all new moog components. Ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, pitman and idler arm, everything. K frame was out, blasted and painted at the time. Fresh alignment with 2 new skinny front tires.

Extra parts: 2 rear valances, one R/T and one non-r/t valance, both in excellent condition ready for paint. have all 4 chrome trim pieces for the wheel wells, all stock ignition components, 4 chrome bezels for the headlights, subframe T caps, subframe connectors much much more that I will remember and add to as I recall.

RUST: drivers side rear half of the front subrame is rusted through on the bottom ONLY. Welderboy has gone over it and I planned on having him install the caps I purchased for it. 6 inch piece of rust above the heater core on the passenger side, some rust bubbling around the bottom of the passenger fender. Starting around the rear window in small spots. Its been out in the rain before and after I redid the weatherstripping it has not/does not leak. I keep it inside my shop anyway.

PRICE: $10,000.00

I have owned it since I was 16 and have subsequently lost interest...time for a change on my end. I do not need to sell it and I don't need the money, however I found another car that I would like to purchase and I don't have room for two.

Title is clean and clear in my name.
Questions, comments or concerns please call me at. Thanks, Paul.

If the price seems out of line or anyone has any questions, comment or PM below. I do not check on here often but will try to get back in touch ASAP. The above is my personal cell phone and the best way to reach me.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this the same car that you were having electrical problems with a year ago? You said then that you had the car for 2 years and you say now that you had it since you were 16. Does that mean that you are 18 now ? No pics then either. We need pictures and location to run your add please.
Thank you.

Mopar1973

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The car had been running and moving for 2 years at the time. I got the car at the age of 16, junior year of high school. I turned 20 this past july. If you want to be specific its approx. 3 years and a few months change. I do have pics but not on this laptop. I have pics of anything you want on my cell phone which is to be given in a PRIVATE MESSAGE. Yes, I did have an electrical issue and it was staring me right in the face...the ground from the dash frame to the steering column had a poor connection and was causing my problem. Also, it had the wrong alternator on it which I recently corrected. The car is location in Burlington County NJ. Specifically Pemberton NJ 08068 at my transmission shop.

*Edit: just removed phone number

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back