• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 Barracuda measurements needed

Br3026

Reaction score
Can anyone measure the distance from the firewall to the upper radiator support so I can reference against mine? I started test fitting the new body parts and I have a huge gap between the hood and the new header panel. The fenders fit as they should and line up with the hood well. The front valance fits properly as well. I repaired the lower radiator support and I fear it may have moved because the new header panel is the same as the old one. Any help is appreciated.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
With out looking I want to say it's 41 1/8" to front edge of core support.. post a picture were you are measuring,so it can be duplicated. I'll look to see what measurement I have. someone else may have others.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Found something.is this what you are looking for.
Found this link years ago .maybe it will help.
Dodge_Challenger_70_012_0845.JPG
1970 Dodge Challenger Firewall & Cowl Replacement How-To

Last edited:

benguin

Reaction score
Just for fun, I had to go out and measure on my '70 cuda. That measured just about 40" from firewall to the radiator side of the support, and a bit under 41 1/4" to the front of the support (41 3/16", if I were to trust a Stanley PowerLock 25' tape)

Br3026

Reaction score
Here is the photo, I think you guys are giving me the info I need. Basically, middle of the firewall at the cowl to the middle inside of the radiator support. I measure tonight to see if I let it move when I did the repair on the driver side corner of the lower radiator support. Thanks for chiming in so quickly.

Attachments

• Epoxy Primer front.jpg
    Epoxy Primer front.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Just for fun, I had to go out and measure on my '70 cuda. That measured just about 40" from firewall to the radiator side of the support, and a bit under 41 1/4" to the front of the support (41 3/16", if I were to trust a Stanley PowerLock 25' tape)
Thanks for confirming to help him out.

Back