• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1975 Plymouth Barracuda Concept Car

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Found this on the intermess and thought that would have been kinda cool.
It's a concept car, 1975 Plymouth Barracuda, That's what the photo said anyways.

0709phr_02_z+1975_plymouth_barracuda+concept_car.jpg

Last edited:

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I found this one also:

This was a concept car built in the '60s on a Dodge Charger platform. It featured side exhaust pipes, integrated roll bar and no rear seats.
I no longer have the magazine from which I scanned the picture from so I don't have any other info on the car.
Per another source I have received the following information:
This car was made at the end of 1969 on a Dodge Challenger base. This car was made from a 1970 Barracuda convertible, Challenger panels where put on the body and customized. It was originally white but was damaged while shipping for its first premier. It was then painted this yellow color...a week before the detroit car show. It toured around the US....Then it was sent and customized again..That's the way it still is today.

Just thought it was interesting.

yeljackt.jpg

robertnb64

Reaction score
I found this one also:

This was a concept car built in the '60s on a Dodge Charger platform. It featured side exhaust pipes, integrated roll bar and no rear seats.
I no longer have the magazine from which I scanned the picture from so I don't have any other info on the car.
Per another source I have received the following information:
This car was made at the end of 1969 on a Dodge Challenger base. This car was made from a 1970 Barracuda convertible, Challenger panels where put on the body and customized. It was originally white but was damaged while shipping for its first premier. It was then painted this yellow color...a week before the detroit car show. It toured around the US....Then it was sent and customized again..That's the way it still is today.

Just thought it was interesting.

Steven Juliano has a private collection in Southern CA that has most of the original concept cars built by Mopar. www.stevenjuliano.com

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Very cool stuff! I have heard of him before. aaawwwhh.......................... what it would be like to be rich?!

robertnb64

Reaction score
I agree...rich!

I did get a chance to see the collection with my Mopar club! It was awesome. It was like falling asleep and waking up in 1971 at a Dodge/Plymouth dealership. I didn't want to leave!

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I got to see that charger concept car at the Mopar Nats one year. It was pretty cool! For a 4 door anyways.

Rob C

Reaction score
That was an awesome concept car that I would have been happy to purchase even as a 4 door instead of that lame unit we have now.

PastorTom1

Reaction score
This is what they promised us in 1999.

I remember it well...........NEVER will forget........The back doors blended so well that it seemed like a non-issue..........Great design!

(then we got a pick-up without a bed.............sorry to the Charger owners for that rite' there, and God Bless them Pigmies in Africa............:rolleyes:)

hotrod98

Reaction score
Jusr read yesterday that if Chrysler doesn't go under, the new Charger (2010 or 2011) is going to blow the old Charger out of the water designwise.
May resemble the new Challenger a little. Don't know.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Jusr read yesterday that if Chrysler doesn't go under, the new Charger (2010 or 2011) is going to blow the old Charger out of the water designwise.

have to see it to believe it! LOL!

PastorTom1

Reaction score
I'm not sure they have it in 'em to make a "real" Charger.

The legacy is a LOT to live up to in design. I hope I'm wrong. If they don't come up with a miracle soon, we may never know.

burntorange70

Reaction score

That would be cool. But if it is still going to be a four door I don't see it mattering a whole lot any way. Mabby the wife will want one, but not me.:D

Last edited:

PastorTom1

Reaction score
Well, I like the 1999 Concept because it nearly HID the other doors.......but 2 doors would be much better........and I feel the same way about it.......Even if it were the Concept design, if it had 4 doors, I wouldn't buy it. :cool:

Back