• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2.5" Round Ultra FLows: Mounted Beside Gas Tank

YO7_A66

Reaction score
http://www.dynomax.com/ultra-flo-welded-round-centered-centered-596.html

Has anyone mounted these 6" diameter x 16" ROUND Ultra Flows beside their gas tank with no other muffler upstream? If so, how was the sound?

I currently have a 70 Challenger 340 with the TTI headers and I will be buying the TTi X-pipe 2.5" system (muffler delete pipes) with SS 2.5" R/T exhaust tips. I am thinking of mounting a set of these mufflers beside the gas tank to replace my current stock OE style 6.25" diameter x 18" 2.25" mufflers.
I know that the sound will be louder and that is fine. I am just curious if others have done this and how they sounded.

Thanks

youngunss1987

Reaction score
how mine sounded with Lunati's Voodoo 10200702 with the same mufflers your looking at i put a WHIPLASH CAM from hughes and it sounded alot better ! but dont have a current video with that set up i did have flow masters on my car and sounded good also but the dynomax mufflers your looking at are louder and i was just using cheap headmen headers.

Last edited:

YO7_A66

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that video. That exhaust sounds great!
I want to confirm that the mufflers in the video are the Round Ultra Flows?
What size exhaust?
Is there an H or X pipe on that car?

Thank you again.

youngunss1987

Reaction score
the only difference between my mufflers and the ones you have posted is that mine are 3 in and 3 in out not 2,5 like the ones in the link. but other then that they are same round ultra flows i have on my car i am running dumps no H pipe

Last edited:

YO7_A66

Reaction score
I have changed direction on mufflers and I am now curious if anyone is using the Hooker Max Flows with the TTi exhaust. If so, how was the installation and the sound?

Has anyone modified the TTi tail pipes for resonators? It appears that the Challenger tail pipes have the mounting bracket in the area that a resonator could be mounted. If this is the case, I plan on cutting off the existing TTi mounting bracket and re-bending it to allow more room for a resonator.

Thanks

Back