• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2017 Predictions from Hagerty Insurance

seneca

Reaction score
Just read a news release from Hagerty Insurance about their predictions for cars that are likely to appreciate faster in 2017 than other collector cars. Mopars in the eleven item list included the following:

1970 Superbird ( no surprise there )
71-72 Challenger ( Reason - interest building from the publicity of the current generation )
2003 - 2006 Dodge Viper
1968 - 1970 Dodge Charger

Odd that the Challenger was limited to those two years. What do you all think of this list?

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
IMG_2286.JPG

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I wonder if 71-72 is a typo. 70-71 are more like the current generation. Therefore more interest in 70-71 due to publicly.

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Just read a news release from Hagerty Insurance about their predictions for cars that are likely to appreciate faster in 2017 than other collector cars. Mopars in the eleven item list included the following:

71-72 Challenger ( Reason - interest building from the publicity of the current generation )
2003 - 2006 Dodge Viper

Odd that the Challenger was limited to those two years. What do you all think of this list?

crazyhawk

Reaction score

2003 - 2006 Dodge Viper

crazyhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, they probably meant 70-71. The 72-74 challengers are dogged again. I love my 73 but conventional wisdom causes almost every person who sees my car to say "too bad it's not a 70". It's a stigma that will never go away. Unfair but forever

73DAD

Reaction score
I used to dislike the 72-74 generation until I owned one. They are a huge bargain in my opinion. They come standard with 8 3/4 axles, most seem to have slap stik shifters, and you can buy 'em up for a fraction of the price of 70-71 cars. I'd own a hundred of them if there was space to put them in!

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Yeah, they probably meant 70-71. The 72-74 challengers are dogged again. I love my 73 but conventional wisdom causes almost every person who sees my car to say "too bad it's not a 70". It's a stigma that will never go away. Unfair but forever

I myself have a 74 Cuda, and, I know it's not worth as much as a 70 or 71, but I love it just the same.
Just as a side note when I first got my Cuda, I tried to insure it thru my regular insurance. They said sure we insure classic autos. ( Geico ) When I told them it's a 74 they said... sorry it not a classic. It has to be 72 or older... I was a little stunned that they only went to 72. It seems big company's don't think much of 73 and later autos.
With that said, I still think that 72 thru 74 Cuda's and Challenger's, are and will continue, to go up in value. They are more in demand than any other auto of the same year, no mater what the make or model. (In my opinion)

crazyhawk

Reaction score
I myself have a 74 Cuda, and, I know it's not worth as much as a 70 or 71, but I love it just the same.
Just as a side note when I first got my Cuda, I tried to insure it thru my regular insurance. They said sure we insure classic autos. ( Geico ) When I told them it's a 74 they said... sorry it not a classic. It has to be 72 or older... I was a little stunned that they only went to 72. It seems big company's don't think much of 73 and later autos.
With that said, I still think that 72 thru 74 Cuda's and Challenger's, are and will continue, to go up in value. They are more in demand than any other auto of the same year, no mater what the make or model. (In my opinion)
I agree. I'm old enough to not worry what others think but we took my 73 challenger to some shows last summer. We were stunned by the comments of some passers-by, including "these r parts cars" , "looks like an ugly large mouth bass", "shoulda quit making these after 71","these aren't even real challengers"......Wow, we were a little heart broken after all the work. I had no idea. Maybe I'll be on a one man mission to sing the praises of these gorgeous machines..

Last edited:

gdrill

Reaction score
I have a 73 "parts car" I was going to basically strip. But I have decided that it is too good to wipe off the planet forever. Sure it is rough, but so are my others. This Rallye has a beautiful build sheet, fender tag and was Gun Metal Grey with a blue interior. The way I see it, I may not build it but if I strip it, nobody will. So I am taking as little as possible off of it. That way someone, possibly a young gun, can bring it back to life and have a nice car to enjoy. Yes, I like certain years of certain cars more than others, but I appreciate them all. I'm a car guy.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Gun metal with a blue interior would be a nice car. I would guess an ordered car. Pretty rare color combination.

Back