• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3 speaker dash screws

transam

Reaction score
Hi, Is there a chance I can get somebody to remove one of the screws in their outer small dash bezels in a 3 speaker dash and post a picture of it on here. I am missing mine and I do not know what type these are. The backing plate that goes under the dash pad has two holes in thin sheetmetal whiich leaves me to believe that they are some sort of sheet metal screws. But a picture would give me a good idea. I am thinking they are a real tight thread sheet metal screw which starts with a sharp tip. And I need 4 of them, but I don't know what they look like?? Here are pictures of my components thus far. Please see the nice speaker that I got online. You can google the company and model number as these fit with no cutting and they will sound very nice. I am also showing the underside gold stiffening bracket which mounts under the dash pad. I was looking for the correct screw size to mount these brackets as the dash pad frame has already tapped holed to receive the correct screw. Maybe someone has a dash out of their car that can photograph these screws as my dash is already together. Hope all these help others work through their dash restoration.
IMG_2840_1422.JPG

IMG_2841_1424.JPG

IMG_2842_1426.JPG

IMG_2843_1428.JPG

IMG_2844_1430.JPG

Last edited:

transam

Reaction score
I just posted this page from the MMC E-Body Fartener Guide on another thread. Does it help?

View attachment 109847
No. These are the screws that the actual speakers mount with. I am looking for the screws that go thru the speaker grills down into a bracket which is also screwed to the bottom of the dash pad frame from underneath. Then the two black screws go down thru the grille into the bracket below and pulls it together like a sandwich.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
These are what's in my car. I think they look fine but I don't know if they're original. I'm just posting in case someone on here recognizes them as original compared to their OE ones. I needed an offset Phillips to remove one so I can see why no ones else posted a picture yet.

Speaker Screw1.jpg

Speaker Screw4.jpg

transam

Reaction score
These are what's in my car. I think they look fine but I don't know if they're original. I'm just posting in case someone on here recognizes them as original compared to their OE ones. I needed an offset Phillips to remove one so I can see why no ones else posted a picture yet.

View attachment 109875

View attachment 109876
Yes. I think that is original Phillips head sheet metal Looks like #8 by 3/4" Perfect. Thank You...

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Must be a typo in the “*” sentence. If those are the right screws it should be 8, not 6. I’d still like to see an actual physical OE screw, even if the picture is from the windshield like my first one.

transam

Reaction score
Must be a typo in the “*” sentence. If those are the right screws it should be 8, not 6. I’d still like to see an actual physical OE screw, even if the picture is from the windshield like my first one.
The screws for the center are pan head as shown in the document and there are 4 of them. The outer screws are phillips oval head which has a tapered underside on the head to fit the tapered topside of the speaker grille on the two small outer grilles.

heminut

Reaction score
The screws for the center are pan head as shown in the document and there are 4 of them. The outer screws are phillips oval head which has a tapered underside on the head to fit the tapered topside of the speaker grille on the two small outer grilles.
That's correct.

Back