• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3 speed wiper harness !!!

notacuda

Reaction score
Good morning, I'm looking for a 3 speed wiring harness for my 72 340 Barracuda. I can only locate ones for a 2 speed wiper. Any help or suggestions??? Can I modify a 2 speed? Need urgently.
Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Murphy underhood_grill.JPG

Slotts

Reaction score
For an E body, 70 - 74, the three speed wiper has the harness attached to the actual motor. No disconnects. The attached pigtail plugs directly into the keyed bulkhead connector position.

Jim

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8448.JPG

IMG_8449.JPG

notacuda

Reaction score
thanks Jim, checking my 3 speed wiper motor, it looks like the connector plug is not the type you show in you pic's. Also, the pigtail is not long enough to plug into the bulkhead connector. Suggestions?

w.w. connect 1_LI.jpg

w.w. connect 3_LI.jpg

w.w. connect 2_LI.jpg

Reaction score
I just did a quick search of part numbers 72 3 speed 3431624
73 3 speed 3431665
74 3 speed 3431906
I can't really make out the numbers on your motor but I agree with the picture supplied by Slotts
I don't think you have the correct wiper motor for an E body.

Slotts

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that picture. That really helped understand what you are dealing with.

Ah! I see what the issue is. That picture is taking me back to Ricardo Montalbán TV commercials. The Volare and Aspen with rich Corinthian leather!

Your three speed 3799120 wiper motor was used on the F body cars. I just happen to have one that I use as a test mule for my restoration work. Yes, I changed the end connector shell from the black one you have to one on mine that fits an earlier B and E body cars.

There is no female keyed socket that could be used to make an extension harness. The one I have with the late 60’s B body harness was cut out of a bulkhead connector.

Sorry to say, you will need to do some surgery on the motor to replace the splices on the motor before the cable clamp and use shrink tubing. The socket you would need is available or rob from another three speed wiper motor.

The length on the E body harness is 8” from the cable clamp to the connector shell. The one you have is only 4½” long from the cable clamp to the connector shell.

Hope that helps shed some light on what you are dealing with.

Jim

IMG_8452.JPG

IMG_8453.JPG

IMG_8454.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

notacuda

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information. Goes to show you that one really needs to do their homework before spending $$$ on the restoration. So my question is where can I get the correct lead and socket?

Slotts

Reaction score
Your best bet is to contact a Mopar wiper motor restoration service and see if they can make you the pigtail for an E body. If so, you could remove this short pigtail and install the new one.

Jim

Back