• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 block for sale on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are defiantly out there I just came across a 73 340 while tracking down a 70 Roadrunner. (different owners) I just think in this case the guy is looking for a early 69 or 70 date code block for his car. When you are looking for a specific part you can never find it.and once you buy it there every where

Traveler

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I offered $800 for it this weekend and no go! Said he had some accessories for a SBM that go with and would be posting them soon. I think $800 would have been a great deal considering I was looking at a 69 dated block alone from Hughes Engine for $1200. Any Ideas/suggestions?

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is close go and have a look, take along some measuring callipers to check the bore size, look over the paperwork and if it all looks good show him some cash when you are there in person and they see the cash it makes a difference. It looks like it has been cleaned up and crack tested which is a plus, see if the crank and heads were tested or just the block? If you buy a running motor it could be .060"over and the crank may also be .020" so when you waist all that time picking it up and pulling it apart you end up with scrap metal do this a couple of times and you get tired of trying to save money at least with this one it is all apart and a machine shop has checked it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back