• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOUND 340 crank pulley and water pump pulley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to save myself some assembly headaches as I complete the 340 for my project. I already have a power steering pump with a 7 inch pulley for the 340. Need to purchase or get more information on the other 2 pulleys. Bottom crank, 2 groove needed. Water pump single groove needed. What would be the correct diameters and depth? Maybe part #?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Also info to confirm brackets used on the power steering pump would be great.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi, Here is a good link on Pulleys... I sold a bunch of pulleys the last 2 years but I still have boxes of them. I believe I still have the pulleys you need. You also need to say what water pump you are using Aluminum or Cast. PM me if interested in a set of them.

Pulley ID thread

Last edited:

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting i.d. thread.
No mention of 70-71 having an offset or staggered bolt pattern on the crank pulley.
I'd offer pulleys, but I only have extra midyear 71 up even spaced crank pulleys

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here they are. The water pump pulley is clean just like the bottom but the paint on it is raised and crinkled probably had oil on it decades ago when it was painted. It’s not rusty/pitted both will glass bead like new. Crank pulley is still original paint.

IMG_5272.jpeg

IMG_5273.jpeg

IMG_5274.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

Last edited:

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting i.d. thread.
No mention of 70-71 having an offset or staggered bolt pattern on the crank pulley.
I'd offer pulleys, but I only have extra midyear 71 up even spaced crank pulleys
I mentioned that to him when he pm’d me and that is corrected easily by oblonging one hole.

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you hate it when people get involved in your sale?
That crank pulley is offset bolt pattern, but backspace looks short.
Your tag says 69 back so iron water pump.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't you hate it when people get involved in your sale?
That crank pulley is offset bolt pattern, but backspace looks short.
Your tag says 69 back so iron water pump.
Especially when they are wrong as the pulleys were/are measured and marked. The lower pulley is correct as his is a 69 340 with an aluminum pump. The water pump pulley is the different size. I will make sure he gets the right parts. Also are you not the guy who tried to get me recently on the trunk torsion spring for the convertible? When I asked for a number to call never heard from you again…

Last edited:

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's me. I was going to put that single bar in my car and see if 1 70 style small diameter torsion bar would even hold the trunk up.
If not it's of no use by itself, except in a 70 with its mate.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like Big block water pump pulley or could be a cast iron pulley for a SB they look very similar would need to measure it. In 71 the crank pulley was the same big and small block maybe 70 too but I don't know for sure. You can tell by the smaller inner groove..

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks
Appears I'm just going to have some parts and see what will work. Been there. Done that before. My car doesn't have and I can't seem to locate any of the original drive train so I'm just going for what looks correct and bolt up correctly. ( and cussin and scratching my head) Thanks again!

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks
Appears I'm just going to have some parts and see what will work. Been there. Done that before. My car doesn't have and I can't seem to locate any of the original drive train so I'm just going for what looks correct and bolt up correctly. ( and cussin and scratching my head) Thanks again!
No Problem. That crank pulley you have is the same as '70 so you only need the water pump pulley as the BB one will not fit.... Let me know if you want that.

Last edited:

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay
I'm just enjoying the conversations and taking in any information I can get.LOL
Hopefully I'm keeping my communications correct. I also learned about trunk lid torsion bars. I believe it's like 70 only? and 1970 used 2 rods.
Anyway, so i just need the water pump pulley it appears.
Please send me price with shipping again and your payment info or I guess I could look back and get that. Thanks again. Hopefully this car will be ready for the Mopar Nats in Columbus Ohio this August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back