• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 engine dosent sit level

joes68340s

Reaction score
I have a 70 AAR cuda I recently purchased and Im trying to work out the little things. One thing that's and issue is the engine sits tilted to the passenger side. Its just enough that I notice when the air filter is on. The mounts look good so Im wondering what else I could look for. The trans mount also looks good. It dosent look like there is any side to side adjustment with the mounts. I was hoping I could just reseat the mounts but it dosent look possible. Any ideas.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Tilted or offset?

If it's offset, welcome to the world of Mopars. All their engines of that era were offset to the passenger's side. The offset created more room for the driver controls and also places the universal joints in a 2-plane offset that allows them to operate correctly in terms of needle bearing rotation. Some customizers "correct" the offset to center the engine for looks but to the die-hard Mopar guy, the end result looks wrong.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
you could shim the mounts a little to level the engine or you may have mismatched mounts made by different companies , the last ones I bought were made in India so QC may be waaay off, if you loosen both mount bolts the engine will also twist a little using a pry bar

moper

Reaction score
How certain are you that it's the engine mounts? Is the centerlink paralele with the flat of the oil pan?
If someone leans on that air cleaner hard enough it can be bent. If you loosen the two long mount bolts that go through the K frame there is enough play to shift it around. But I'd make sure it's not the air cleaner first.

joes68340s

Reaction score
Thanks its not the air cleaner I will try and loosen and retighten. The mounts look good and appear to be the same but who knows.

Back