• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ENGINE TRANS DEGREE STOCK

BSG

Reaction score
Does anybody know off hand at what angle the engine and trans sit before you go changing everything and make your ebody shake at highway speeds. I just got to the point where I've narrowed it down to the drive line angles. After putting in that XV Motor sports suspension in. before selling it to you they don't tell you that the LA engine was an after thought and it was really intended for the newer hemi/magnum engines with the mounts further back so now the engine droops down in the front -1 degree with the poorly designed adapter brackets or literally tilted down in the front slightly. but im considering drilling out the perch's to raise the front up and drilling some holes at where the trans bolt goes mount back there I've tried shimming the diff 2 and 4 degrees and it just doesn't help. I'm also getting errors with the tremec driveline app as well. It doesn't look like I have any other options. If any knows the stock angle that would be great. would like to get it sitting like it started life would be a nice place to start. trying to make the Vegas trip this weekend with the motortrend guys. don't wanna be that dude on the side of the freeway with a drive shaft in his hand.

Steve340

Reaction score
Normally they are between 2 - 3 degrees with the fall from front of engine to the rear at the transmission.
I understand this is fairly universal for rear wheel drive car - it should get you pretty close.
I have measured my own car and I cannot remember the exact angle but it was within the spec I gave you.

Steve340

Reaction score
I use the Spicer driveline calculator. I can understand that one easily.
When it opens you need to click on Diagrams and Read More for some tips and explanations.

BSG

Reaction score
Look in Section 16 of your Factory Service Manual for the factory driveline line angle measurements and adjustments.
Also this, Driveline angle setting procedures.
Moparts on the Web - Main Index
I look at that and I’m sure if you maybe made it thru high school etc. its easy but a lot of math. my engine is one degree drop down in front so I’m gonna start with fabricating some new mounts to get at least a 2 degree sloop down towards the rear and I’ll read all of that again the TREMEC app is the easiest to use the spicer is not bad either I have 2 days to get this thing squared away thanks for the feedback it looks easy but in practice moving the engine is a pretty big deal if I had one change I could go back and change it would be to get my 7500 back from Xv Motorsport there were so many hurdles to get over making that stuff work and it does handle great just can’t run 70 mph on the freeway here in La that’s just going with the flow of traffic. I guess if were easy everyone would do it

Steve340

Reaction score
The main thing to remember is get the driveline angles of the universals equal or at least close.
Spicer tips are handy and simple to understand.
Good luck.

Last edited:

BSG

Reaction score
Look in Section 16 of your Factory Service Manual for the factory driveline line angle measurements and adjustments.
Also this, Driveline angle setting procedures.
Moparts on the Web - Main Index
fabricated some new motor mount brackets and raised up the front of the engine at least 1 1/2 inches went from 1 degree downwards up front to 3 degrees toward towards the rear gotta go to a friends shop that has a level 4 post drive on rack to verify the angles i did throw it up on the freeway on the way home ran it up to 90mph and it was night and day difference. at 70 it felt like it would shake the sheetmetal off the car. looking at the basics in the service manual really is the best place to start. i'll be proud to rep the mopar nation on the power tour! thanks for the tips

Back