• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 340 engine owner found!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt68

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My wife wants to park in the garage. WTF! So I must sell one of my 340’s. First right to refusal is anyone owning a 1970 ‘Cuda with the VIN BS23H0B164770 or VIN BS27H0B16477. If so, this is your engine.
I bought this engine from a guy who had it almost ready for rebuild. He bored it .020 over and did a deck hone. Then it sat. That was 15 years ago, so…little bit of surface rust that I cleaned up. Cylinder walls are nice. New water pump. Cam is for a 340. Think I have the specs he gave me; I’ll have to look. Crank needs to be turned. Heads are later “J” heads. Intake is spread bore but not date correct. Needs pistons, rods, lifters, pushrods, and rockers/rocker arms. Most of the stuff you would buy new and replace with a new build anyway. Please note in photo #4 the small section cracked off. Shouldn’t affect attachment to bellhousing. Asking $950. I’ll throw in a nice Thermoquad carb for $100 more.
Located in North New Jersey.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wants to park in the garage.
WHY! This realty puzzles me. We have 7 car,3 motorcycles garage parking + stuff + bathroom and we don't park are drivers in there. I put remote start on the other 5 drivers and she is happy with that. Explain parking in the garage is not normal. look at other peoples garages when the door is open.No cars or there buried with stuff.Good Luck.

Matt68

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHY! This realty puzzles me. We have 7 car,3 motorcycles garage parking + stuff + bathroom and we don't park are drivers in there. I put remote start on the other 5 drivers and she is happy with that. Explain parking in the garage is not normal. look at other peoples garages when the door is open.No cars or there buried with stuff.Good Luck.
Honestly, I’m tired of arguing with her about the garage. Back in California, we never had this issue because the weather was always good year round. Now, she has a new Acura MDX and she wants it garaged. She asked me why I need three engines when there is already one in the Barracuda. I told her they are spares! It didn’t work. She is right though. I have one 340 rebuilt and ready to drop and two spares I got in a package deal. I don’t need three so I promised to sell one.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you need to buy two other cars for the engines!Promises are meant to be broken.Maybe she might want to drive one. No Really your life and your wife. Best of luck and for the buyer!

SFEbody

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing that the motor will be back with the car. I LOVE FEBO and the resources here!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how I would feel if I was looking for my original motor and found it! There are no words or phases to express it. Thanks for your effort!

Matt68

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how I would feel if I was looking for my original motor and found it! There are no words or phases to express it. Thanks for your effort!
He said he has been looking for it for many years. He couldn’t believe it when I told him the VIN stamp. He knew it by heart!

kudakoda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said he has been looking for it for many years. He couldn’t believe it when I told him the VIN stamp. He knew it by heart!
Well done. I had a gent get in touch with me in Alberta from Florida awhile back after I was advertising for the build sheet for one of our cudas. To find a motor is all the more sweeter. Now if I could only find the original build sheet for our '69 Dart GTS.

Matt68

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done. I had a gent get in touch with me in Alberta from Florida awhile back after I was advertising for the build sheet for one of our cudas. To find a motor is all the more sweeter. Now if I could only find the original build sheet for our '69 Dart GTS.
If I decide to sell my other spare 340, it’s from a 1969 Dart (GTS?) Did non GTS Darts get the 340?

flohemi

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one of you guys are looking for a 340, I have one, all cleaned from the machine shop, forged crank, I have 318 heads, rocker arms and shaft assemblies, valve covers, brackets, pulleys. Its missing pistons, rods, camshaft. Best offer. I'm in Rhode island. 4012267455. Text me if interested first, if I like your offer, ill call you. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back