• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 engine

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Actually it can make a huge difference.
I'm looking for specific dated 440 for a V code car.
However if I needed a 340 at the moment I would be very intent on determining if this engine came from an ebody , b body or an a body. And of course the build date on the block makes a difference also.
This was probably not installed in a 70 and most likely made it's way into a 71. Which would disqualify the motor for a specific spd dated car. The motors were always produced before the SPD on the fender tag. I believe by several months up to a year in some cases. If that vin was for my car, the value would be top dollar and I would be driving to you tomorrow to pick it up. That can make a huge difference. This motor only goes to one car and that car Needs that motor back in it.

budascuda

Reaction score
Well, in that case, should we get a registry going for 340s then? Like the one Phill started for the a66 s or ask him to make it as part of his registry or something. I have 3, 340 blocks and none are original to any of my cars, maybe I should wait before rebuilding any of them!?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
regardless of that, if you just post the vin in an ad then anyone who googles their vin can find the engine.
I'm looking for JS23v0b211303 bh23c1b126874 bh23n0b123012 and bh23l0b119545
Just saying.
I'm sure there are some a66's that are missing their 340's.

So I hope the OP posts up the vin tag as it may then find it's correct home.

budascuda

Reaction score
Thats the way to do it, I will post them here, keep forgetting Google works both ways.

chalenged

Reaction score
So It appears this would have only been available in a 70 cuda/chally in the last month of production and most likely went into an early 71 production car.
Is there a vin stamp on the passengers side boss just above the oil pan rail?
Yes , here is a picture hard to read
image.jpg

Back