• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 mains

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am in need of 318/340 main caps for my 340. The 3rd and 5th cap are not within tolerance while doing the alignment boring. Other than spending big bucks for aftermarket, does anyone have some used mains. My machinist told me to get a few of each so we can pick through them for the best fit. The motor is being build for the street.

vipertwo2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
340 caps

I am in need of 318/340 main caps for my 340. The 3rd and 5th cap are not within tolerance while doing the alignment boring. Other than spending big bucks for aftermarket, does anyone have some used mains. My machinist told me to get a few of each so we can pick through them for the best fit. The motor is being build for the street.
i have a full set from a 340 that broke a ring and gouged the block... trashed the block but kept the caps... make me a offer... tim

hammer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tim for the offer but I found some out of Colorado. If anyone can confirm this, the machinist told me that the 340 caps will only fit a 340, and that the 318 is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back