• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3g hemi

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
I know it's an early b body, but I wanted to share some pics so anyone who was thinking of doing this could see how I did it, and take it from there with there own ideas.

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 001.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 083.jpg

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
Idles real nice, revs like a sum *****. I havent put the torque converter in so the rev limiter kicks in at 4000rpm. Since I gotta pull everything apart, I thought that I would save myself some clean up time (trans fliud) and not put in the converter. Oil pressure at idle is 60 then after it gets warm 40.

Reaction score
Nice job the going to be killer when it done, I see you used the stock k frame, could you tell what you had to do and what oil pan and mounts you used? I am considering doing a 3g trans plant in my 70 challenger but i dont want to spend big, big money on after k frame , if i dont have to, may be later on when money is better, but right now i have a $10,000 buget and i just want to get the motor and tran and working, buy what i really need , at this time. thanks Harry

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
Stock k frame, mine is from a 68 charger, motor mounts were not available for the 64 k frame when I started. Mid sump pan from Charlies along with new pick up tube, Tti motor mounts, Shumacher poly lock isolators (instead of rubber). All these are 100% bolt on, no cutting or hacking. Remeber, only small block trans will bolt up to the newer Hemis. Check out the fbbo site, 1962-1965 and the thread late model hemi into early b body, I have a butt load of info on there for people to look at and it may even answer some questions you may have. But if you need any help, I will do what I can for ya.

Back