• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 rocker lift ratio

Aussie-cuda

Reaction score
Hi I need to replace my rockers and I don't know the lift ratio due to my rockers been very worn!! I have a mopar purple cam not sure the specs! Does any 1 know the stock lift ratio?? Thanx

Last edited:

Aussie-cuda

Reaction score
Thanx, the rockers are warn and making a chattering noise at about 40-50mph.the motor is suppose to be fresh but they must have put the old rockers on otherwise the engine runs really well.so I'll buy some stock ratio rollers to replace them.

moparleo

Reaction score
I would recommend pulling the intake manifold and valley cover to inspaect the cam lobes and pull the lifters to check for wear. If the parts are good remember to replace them in the same place you remove them from. Engine noise on a "fresh" motor is sometimes a sign that you need to verify what that means.

Aussie-cuda

Reaction score
Yep I got a new manifold to install anyway so I'll check cam and litters while I'm there thanx mate

Aussie-cuda

Reaction score
Hey do you know any1 who has a second hand set rocker arms in good condition so I can use them untill I work the motor?? Thanx

IQ52

Reaction score
Yeah. How many sets do you want? But I think that might not be the problem. Even brand new ones will slop around on the shafts and look like they are worn out.

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
you have to check the pads that ride on the valve tips if they have wear in them they are bad

Back