• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 to 426 Hemi swap

70chall440

Reaction score
I can convert your K member to a factory looking Hemi K member we have Done over 300 of them PM me for details if interested.

Thanks, I appreciate the information. This car is 2nd in line behind my 71 Charger project, when I get to the RR I will possibly reach out.

Reaction score
So what mounts do you recommend for putting an original 426 into a non Hemi car? I am putting a 66 426 into a 70 RR and have looked at a variety of mounts but I am not real impressed with most of them.
Do the k frame swap. It’s easier cleaner and you can buy new correct mounts.

70chall440

Reaction score
Do the k frame swap. It’s easier cleaner and you can buy new correct mounts.
Thanks for the comment but to be honest I am not sure at this point. This car is pretty hacked up as it is, it has a tilt front end and I am going to be using a coil over front suspension on it (keeping the stock K frame). I like the idea of converting the K frame but Id rather do it myself than send it out.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment but to be honest I am not sure at this point. This car is pretty hacked up as it is, it has a tilt front end and I am going to be using a coil over front suspension on it (keeping the stock K frame). I like the idea of converting the K frame but Id rather do it myself than send it out.
Then do it yourself. It’s very easy to do. a few places sell the parts. Strip your old one of the motor mounts weld new ones in. You can put mounts on your block. Mock it up. Tack in place. Then remove block weld it up.

70chall440

Reaction score
Then do it yourself. It’s very easy to do. a few places sell the parts. Strip your old one of the motor mounts weld new ones in. You can put mounts on your block. Mock it up. Tack in place. Then remove block weld it up.

That is the plan, however I am considering elephant ears at the moment.

Back