• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

505 Big Block Supercharger Options

Peter Fonda

Reaction score
I've been looking at options online for supercharge my 505 big block from Hughes Engines, I've seen the Procharger setup, as well as the Torqstorm setups, but curious if anyone has ever seen a Whipple setup for a big block? Assuming this will take a custom intake adapter paired with one of Whipple's standard head units, but curious if anyone can point me in the right direction.

If the the Procharger/Torqstorm setups are really the only options, has anyone done a Procharger setup specifically? My compression currently is 10.25:1, so assuming I need to intercool, or run water injection w/ relatively mild boost levels. For reference, running ~450 hp at the wheels, would like to sit around 600...

DrEamer

Reaction score
My only experience is with a friend that runs a Procharger. His is a race only small block car, that he runs on E85. He has had it run run lean two or three times and burn pistons. He has been using one of the special blow through carb, but obviously not having the best of luck with it. He is now going to a full going to a full Holley Dominator EFI at a cost of over $6,000 if I recall correctly. The person he bought the system though said to run a intercooler. I know some of the Holley throttle body style EFI units can be used on boost applications, but you need to look and see if they have the features you need. Finely, i will say set up makes a ton of power even though it has never really been dialed in. His little 365 was making over 900 HP at the wheels on the dyno before he melted the piston.

fasjac

Reaction score
I know a shop in Tampa that did a Kenne Bell supercharger on a 426 hemi.
(Old school). I questioned him about the custom intake. He told me that it’s simply not practical. No demand but I’m sure for a ton of money someone would do it. I just thought how sweet it would be to have that supercharger on a 440.
They build these custom150k plus cars. Seems like everyone wants the latest hemi motors to resto-mod the old cars.
Which, no problem to get the kit for those motors, with two sizes of intercoolers available.

Back