• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 340 FC7 challenger, original DAY 2 resto

ph23vo

Reaction score
75% done with it..only took me 35 years.... bought from orig owner... all's matching..had center trunk pan and dutchman panel rust was it.. mostly NOS trim, lenses etc.. put a battery in it today and it didn't catch fire!

hope to start it tomorrow [really sick of pushing it around all these years] ... should be a fun one..

C01.JPG

C02.JPG

C03.JPG

006.JPG

e1.JPG

ph23vo

Reaction score
well it started right up after about 5-7 seconds of cranking.... little lifter clatter for 10-15 seconds then quiet.. little smoke for 30 seconds then all clear...dummy me put an oil gauge sender on it and it has an idiot light only...doh.. also reman w pump started to seep a bit so its prob junk even though its new rebuilt... no big leaks.... yet... moves under its own power... brakes need a good pedal bleed..then glass and seats and she is mostly done.. used the blue racer 280-290 443/465 cam... very light lope is all... temp gauge inop... dash not assembled yet because of those kind of things...so tomorrow
we will see if it drips anything [cardboard under it] ... sure nice after 35 years...

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That is sweet! Especially after that long of a restoration.
Looks great!

I like the inspector's tag. Inspector "I".
That tag doesn't have anything on it, just an I stamp?
I'm used to seeing the inspector tags that have the different line section stamps on them that they cut off.

Cool car! A66 even

ph23vo

Reaction score
That is sweet! Especially after that long of a restoration.
Looks great!

I like the inspector's tag. Inspector "I".
That tag doesn't have anything on it, just an I stamp?
I'm used to seeing the inspector tags that have the different line section stamps on them that they cut off.

Cool car! A66 even
that inspection tag was on it when i got in in 85..all original los angeles car...not sure what the .."I "...means but i have seen it on many los angeles E bodies built close to mine..

ph23vo

Reaction score
well..leaking coolant from the new water pump...[just my luck].... gas gauge didn't rise when i added more fuel....temp gauge didn't work.. pulled cluster and tested gauges they are dead..wow

never seen 2 gauges dead like that before... had a spare cluster tested the gauges in it and they work...so my gauges all work now....replaced water pump [again] hope this one lasts...

will check it tomorrow..too tired.. worked all day on it.. [was 83 degress here today too] went form 50's to 80's in a few days....its getting there though...

002.JPG

001.JPG

ph23vo

Reaction score
well.. new w-pump on..no leaks yet!..factory gauges working great now, put a few more parts on it today....filled p/s pump and now have power steering...no leaks yet amazingly.. had no belt on it during engine break in.. [i resealed pump and box..both orig to car]...sure nice to not have to push it to do anything now!.... hope to drive it soon still have glass and upholstery, front bumper and grille etc..

ph23vo

Reaction score
V5X body trim is on...looks better than i remember.... 99% of people weld up the holes...i was going to but wanted to make the car as it was...

001.JPG

002.JPG

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm glad you put the v5x back on the car. Everyone welds the holes and gets rid of them.
Very difficult item to find. Been trying to find some for my cuda for years.

Looks great with it on!

Back