• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70-71 challenger Rear bumper brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well on to my next problem. Went to put the rear bumper on and my right bumper bracket is bent, not allowing me to properly attach my bumper. Anybody have a right side rear bumper bracket they want to sell? If not, I'll even buy a set if that is what it takes. Let me know please include price with shipping to 60560.

Locomotion

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be interested in a pair of brackets with the "captured" mounting bolts for $60.00 + shipping from Florida?
I still need to get a box and weigh them for a quote but just saw that I can reply after registering recently. I can provide photos and part #'s as well, but I'm at work at the moment.

[email protected]

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am going to try and straighten it myself. What is a captured mounting bolt? Is that the same as a bumper bolt?

Locomotion

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like bumper bolts, with a smooth head and the "square" between the head and threads. It's "captured" on the brackets with a thin, tempered steel washer with serrations that cause an interference fit. I think they're used on brake drums sometimes.

I guess it's original. It's been a while since I had the actual car.

Challenger bumper brackets 2 001.jpg

Challenger bumper brackets 2 002.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually is called a "carriage bolt'. The clip is only for assembly line convenience so the bolt will not fall out before the nut is attached. Otherwise the clip serves no function. It is also used on the assembly line to retain the drums since the axles are preassembled before being installed and the wheels have not been installed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back