• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 barracuda BIG project

Badfish70

Reaction score
A couple people have recommended this, do you have any pics of it going in or a thread on it being installed on here? We’re there any fitment issues or mods needed? Thanks for the recommendation

If the rear rails and trunk floor are toast, you can replace everything at once with the Dynacorn assembly.
70-74 E Body Trunk Underseat floor and Rear Frame Assembly | Roseville Moparts
The ad says it is for a challenger but it is universal and fits all year E-bodies. I put one in my 73 Cuda this past spring. There are a few distributors so shop it around and pay attention to shipping. Roseville will give a disount to E-body forum members. This assembly will save a ton of labor and everything will be fresh and strong. It's nice to start with a clean dry car, but not everyone has access to them and sometimes you have to bite the bullet and jump in with both feet.

gzig5

Reaction score
A couple people have recommended this, do you have any pics of it going in or a thread on it being installed on here? We’re there any fitment issues or mods needed? Thanks for the recommendation
I couldn't do it myself due to space and size of the thing so I had a local shop that has done some serious E-bodies do it and some other stuff. They said it dropped in nearly perfect and saved a ton of labor over doing it all seperately. If you add up the individual parts that come on it, plus the exhaust hangers and tank HW, the assembly is several hundred dollars less than buying AMD parts seperately. I was able to save the rear cross member and a couple other parts so I hope to offset the cost even more. I think a couple of the parking brake brackets don't come with it so you need to remove of the old parts, fab them up, or procure in the aftermarket. So don't throw the old out right away. In the last pic you can see the trunk pan I had fabbed as a tempory fix to get the car on the road. The frame rails weren't shot, but were thin enough that since I have so much other replacement going on I took the opportunity to make it as strong as new. I'm extremely happy with the outcome.

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3970.JPG

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
gzig
Great pictorial; looks like your shop did an excellent job.
Really makes the point of saving on labor and costs by doing the job this way! :thumbsup:

budascuda

Reaction score
And the fact it is put together right and true.

The proper alignment of the car depends on the correct placement of all the parts after everything is welded together.
Even if I had the shop and the equipment to do it, I would still buy the whole chunk and get it done and over with!
And it looks beautiful too, hot dam....

Back