• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Dash

Jblake

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a 70 challenger with a normal dash, was a 318 car now a 340. Am going to be restoring it and a 70 ralleye cluster with bezel and switch bezel came up for sale by me. Was wondering if that would swap in or what mods would be needed? also whats a good price? havent seen it in person yet. He says he is selling as a core to restore.

Thansk!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
They will swap out with no serious mods. Besides the cluster and bezels themselves you'll need to replace the bezel containing your hvac controls and the light bar across the top. The non Rallye light bar is 3 lamp where the Rallye is 4 but they interchange as far as attachment points. I had my buddy do the conversion for me so I can't say what he had to do as far as wiring goes but I didn't have to buy a new harness. Obviously you'll have a tach to wire. 1970/1 had the 8K tach and reset knobs through bezel face and go for more than the later models with 7K tach.

Eric Griffith

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a 70 challenger with a normal dash, was a 318 car now a 340. Am going to be restoring it and a 70 ralleye cluster with bezel and switch bezel came up for sale by me. Was wondering if that would swap in or what mods would be needed? also whats a good price? havent seen it in person yet. He says he is selling as a core to restore.

Thansk!
You will also need a Oil Pressure Gage Sending unit.
This is Variable,as opposed to a switch.

Back