• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 challenger hood springs

robin93784

Reaction score
i have a 70 challenger that i put a shaker hood on, the hood wont stay up, it has the big springs on them, i have tried to find new springs but i can only find the small fiberglass hood springs, my question is do you think the springs are bad or worn out hinges, or anyone know where to find replacement springs. thank you!

tonysrt

Reaction score
Summit was selling new hinges for $199, haven't looked lately, but that was about 3 weeks ago.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Hard to say why the hood is not staying up , I have not seen the springs go bad & if the hinges are worn the hood will drop a couple of inches from the top position but should still stay up .
I would look for some good used springs , maybe from a C body !!
Why is this in electrical ??

robin93784

Reaction score
thank you both for the reply, i first posted a electrical question and forgot to leave this section before posting, shows my age! lol

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have the Duster and Cuda side by side to see the remarkable difference in open hood height. Maybe they had midgets working on E bodies so it didn't matter the hood height.

Back