• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 challenger mirrors

Avalanche

Reaction score
Are the side mirrors on a 70 Challenger different (from drivers side to passenger). I have s set of mirrors and the passenger side is more narrow and pointer than the drivers. I have tried to find a drivers side that looks the same but can't find one. So am I correct in thinking they are different?

7071 challenger

Reaction score
You have a correct set, they are shaped different, they are just as you descrided. And they have a short base, or foot if you prefer.

wolfyffs

Reaction score
Do the mirrors you have look like this? I bought this set off Ebay and they were sold as 70 E body mirrors. I've never seen a set of mirrors that were mismatched from the factory. Am I wrong? 010.jpg006.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
They are correct and are different sized due to the amount of image reflected back to the driver. The driver mirror is much closer to the drivers eye, so it needs more area to get a complete image. The passenger side being farther away needs less mirror area to get a complete image. Ever notice that all current mirrors tell you that the image is closer than it looks ?

Back