• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Restoration, into a driver car

Jblake

Reaction score
Awesome. I know it needs a tune up to get itrunning good. Gas tank is new. Il have to drain out the gas in it. Not sure how old it is.

Jblake

Reaction score
The standard Pertronix(not the II or III) has been working flawlessly on 2 of my classics for years now and I drive my cars on a daily basis during the season. The kit and their Flamethrower coil mak an excellent and very economical choice for electronic ignition. I have heard complaints about the II and III from several guys over on FCBO so I'd stay away from them but the standard kit installs in a matter of minutes and requires no additional hardware under the hood. Another reason I like it is that unless you're really looking hard for the one extra wire that you have to run into the distributor, it's near impossible to tell that you're not still running points if keeping things appearing original is important. My .02...
Where can I purchase this? Im going to be sending It to the shop soon for a tune up and want this installed while its there

Jblake

Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a 70 challenger, same thing, 340 automatic (But a column shift not console). for $2500, its got some rust, I have only seen photos. But he claims the interior is in excellent shape. No tears or rips. Since mine is in rough shape was thinking of swapping them? think this car would be worth it? Car has ralleye wheels also. My question is think theres gonna be enough on it to make it worth the buy? or should I just shop around for parts as I need them? I figure I could always resell it?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Any '70 Challenger for $2500 is worth checking out even if it's not complete. That might yield a lot of parts for you all at once or even better be too good to part but you gotta go for a look at least.

Jblake

Reaction score
Any '70 Challenger for $2500 is worth checking out even if it's not complete. That might yield a lot of parts for you all at once or even better be too good to part but you gotta go for a look at least.
I will check it out. I know trunk and floor need replaced. Didnt look in terrible shape just not great.

Jblake

Reaction score
Here are some photos of the 70 challenger that i found possibly thinking a donor car. Problem is my car doesnt need a whole lot. im mainly thinking interior panels and seats, NOt sure if it is worth it or not.

Jblake

Reaction score
a few photos

IMG_0390[1].JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Jblake

Reaction score
I could use the door panels, and interior panels, the dash is cracked. i could use front and rear seats. Car is $2500 firm

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

Litchkar

Reaction score
A lot of great ideas, I just finished a year long restoration on my driver 71 Vert. Prioritize what you need and shop all sources. Both Year One and Classic industries run sales up to 30% off. Set up an account for both and you will get e-mails on the promotions. It saved me big when I did my interior. I have had good luck with Tony's Parts and Stephen's Performance for used parts.

moparlee

Reaction score
What year is that doner car you are looking at? The dash looks like a 71 and the tail lights look to be from a 71 peaking underneath the snow.

Jblake

Reaction score
What year is that doner car you are looking at? The dash looks like a 71 and the tail lights look to be from a 71 peaking underneath the snow.

Even if it is a 71, will the interior still swap? The seats and panels and everything?

Jblake

Reaction score
Heres another photo. The dash pad he says has some cracks. But cant be worse than mine. Car needs floor pans trunk pan. Has a 340 with a 727 thats loose but non running. May swap interiors and then keep it arohnd for a future resto. But we will see what happens. Im at the point now where he needs to know by monday. Its 7 hours north of me so would be buying sight unseen

image.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Did he give any indication of how rusty it is, frame rails, roof, cowl, etc.? At that price you're not getting beat up on the price. It would be hard to offer any less and walk away if he refused but you could give it a shot. It sounds like he's anxious to sell, does it have a title?

Jblake

Reaction score
Not sure about the cowl the frame rails are good floors and trunk are Rusty . outside of the body's got some rust on it but it came from Texas a few years ago so it's not completely rotted out.

Back