• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger RT

CudaDave

Reaction score
This is a crusty 70 challenger RT I picked up in 1993.My 14 year old son drug it out of the shed it`s sat in for the last 19 years and started cleaning and pulling pieces off the car.One thing led to another and I took it over to a friends shop and let them have at it.We`re kinda doing this the way my son wants as he has allways claimed this car and played in it from the time he could walk.It was a 383 4spd with a rare V9Y yellow Bumble Bee stripe.He didn`t like the yellow stripe and is going with the tape side stripes with the thought he could switch back at a later date.We also added power brakes,a passenger mirror and 440 Sixpack.I`m glad he drug it out and got things rolling while it was still could be saved.It was getting pretty bad.It was bad 19 years ago.

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Fantastic project. Gotta love it when the young guns get involved with the cars.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Very kool car, would have loved to see the original stripe go back on but congrats anyway.

CudaDave

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Fantastic project. Gotta love it when the young guns get involved with the cars.

Thanks My kids love the Mopars. They`ve gone to shows from when they were babies.They look forward to Mopars in the Park and Good Guys Heartland Nationals.This is them with our Cuda and Charger.Also,we all tried real hard to get the yellow stripe back on but couldn`t talk him into it.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Very nice car - Looks like the paint buffed out pretty good ;)

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice little collection you guys have there and the kids are into it? You must be very proud.

CudaDave

Reaction score
More photos

This is a crusty 70 challenger RT I picked up in 1993.My 14 year old son drug it out of the shed it`s sat in for the last 19 years and started cleaning and pulling pieces off the car.One thing led to another and I took it over to a friends shop and let them have at it.We`re kinda doing this the way my son wants as he has allways claimed this car and played in it from the time he could walk.It was a 383 4spd with a rare V9Y yellow Bumble Bee stripe.He didn`t like the yellow stripe and is going with the tape side stripes with the thought he could switch back at a later date.We also added power brakes,a passenger mirror and 440 Sixpack.I`m glad he drug it out and got things rolling while it was still could be saved.It was getting pretty bad.It was bad 19 years ago.

More photos taken 12/14/12,kinda dusty.

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

Last edited:

tomps

Reaction score
That's awesome! Looking forward to continued updates looks like a GREAT car!!!!

Back