• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger SE Headliner

Go Fly

Reaction score
Looking to understand what headliner and bows used in a 70 SE Challenger without a console.
Thanks

One of few

Reaction score
Looking to understand what headliner and bows used in a 70 SE Challenger without a console.
Thanks
I just had one put in my 70 S.E. It’s a pain to install but I dig those lights.

02EC5142-86D2-4260-A4FA-D555C3B0AD58.jpeg

Go Fly

Reaction score
Where any SE's built overhead console delete?

My build sheet dosnt have A63

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Where any SE's built overhead console delete?

My build sheet dosnt have A63
As they say....Never say never but as far as I know, the overhead console was part of the SE package along with the badging, leather seats, rear window plug, carpeted lower door panels and the rear garnish panel above the tail lights.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Basically impossible , the bows & sail panels will not work with the smaller SE window , I suppose ou could use the SE sail panels with a regular headliner & bows to make it work .All SE I have seen have the console as part of the SE pkg , no separate code for it .

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Basically impossible , the bows & sail panels will not work with the smaller SE window
Not so......When I restored my 70 R/T SE Challenger back in 1998, no one had the one piece SE headliner. I had a parts car that had the bowed headliner. I robbed the bows and sail panels from that car and kept my SE window. I sold the car back in 2013 and don't have pictures of how the rear window looked from the inside any longer. I still have the SE sail panel metal retainers so know I didn't use them or the console. Here is the only pic I have of the headliner.

100_5820.JPG

100_5823.JPG

100_5824.JPG

Last edited:

Ariovistus

Reaction score
Not so......When I restored my 70 R/T SE Challenger back in 1998, no one had the one piece SE headliner. I had a parts car that had the bowed headliner. I robbed the bows and sail panels from that car and kept my SE window. I sold the car back in 2013 and don't have pictures of how the rear window looked from the inside any longer. I still have the SE sail panel metal retainers so know I didn't use them or the console. Here is the only pic I have of the headliner.

View attachment 123368

View attachment 123369

View attachment 123370
Beautiful Car! My friend has a 70 RT/SE Challenger, but he hates the Vinyl top. Can You still install the small window and seal it without the Vinyl, or should he just put the regular size window in and save the rear window Plug?

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Beautiful Car! My friend has a 70 RT/SE Challenger, but he hates the Vinyl top. Can You still install the small window and seal it without the Vinyl, or should he just put the regular size window in and save the rear window Plug?
Without the vinyl top, why bother with installing the SE window. Although they look neat, they are hard to see out of and it would take a bucket of bondo to fill in the area that is sure to crack and peel. IMO, your friend would be better off swapping his car for one more to his liking. I liked everything about my SE except the small fuel tank and 10 mpg so off to Australia it went.

Back