• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda grill has anyone purchased from B/E&A

gtxno1

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am restoring my 70 cuda I will be cloning an AAR has anyone used B/E&A complete grill assembly how was the fit thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Mike Ross Doesn't sell Junk so if he is selling it then it must be a good part , you can always call & talk to him , great guy !

moparfever

Reaction score
I bought a 1970 Cuda grille from him as a spare . I was really happy with the workman ship and it is a perfect match to my original one. He is a great guy to buy from and is honest.

fastmark

Reaction score
I did not know he had any left. Have you contacted him yet?

fasjac

Reaction score
I’ve purchased several things from them and no issues whatsoever.

fastmark

Reaction score
The last time I talked to Mike, he only had a couple of AAR grills left and he was saving them for a couple of future builds. He did not have any argent grills left. He was saying he wished he would have kept a couple of those for spares as well. He made a quality part on everything he made. The other reproductions are not near as good. You have to find someone that has one that they did not use. Someone listed one six months or so and it sold quickly. I have two AARs and I have two of his grills.

fastmark

Reaction score
The last time I looked at classic industries, they had a complete AAR grill assembly listed. It was priced at over $2000. It may have been one of the grills that mike made. I’ve had lengthy conversations with mike about his products and the reproduction industry. Let’s just say this, he did it right and a lot of people complain about the price of a really good product. So, he quit making anything and mostly what we have left is the inferior stuff for cheap. Problem is, it’s not worth putting on your car in most cases. Not all cases but most.

budascuda

Reaction score
The guy (Mike) is a crook, but a first rate bull shitter.
I bought a kit from him on the condition that the stainless trim was a good fit, it was not (among other things) and when I contacted him, he started to talk to me in a condecending way.
I guess some folks think they can send the crappy part of their stock to other countries, while they think nobody is gonna go through the trouble of showing up at their door steps , "Cowboy style" and ask for a refund.. to those folks who think that, don't be too sure!

He is a crook.
If you are stateside, maybe ok, and I am glad that other people were happy with the outcome, but if you don't live in the US. You will be taking your chances with that yahoo.
I have gone through this before here on febo, so I won't subject other people to my rant, but of you like, contact me and i will tell you the whole story..

gtxno1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys you are right he does not have any to sell weighing out my options

fastmark

Reaction score
There’s an option. Buy the one from budascuda. He was not happy with the way the repop chrome fit and got into a argument with Mike over it. I did an in depth look at the ones I have and while I did see some slight differences in the top and bottom fit, it was not enough to be noticeable on my grills. He must have gotten some trim that was bent. If you have good trim on the top and bottom, you will be good to go. The problem is he lives in Canada and paid lots extra to get it there. I never did understand that NAFTA crap. I thought free trade meant no import fees to Canada people. Anyway Canada people pay more fore shipping and taxes so he’s gots lots in the grill I don’t need it or I would buy it. I only paid $1300 for my grills in the states. He paid much more.

budascuda

Reaction score
Thanks fastmark, that was kind and very considerate of you !

Back