• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'70 'Cuda Jack Question

Reaction score
After looking on eBay, I've seen two different jack shafts for the '70 'Cuda. One is the solid steel shaft, the other is the hollow shaft like I have for my Demon. My 'Cuda came with no jack. I have the correct hook and both shafts, just not sure which is correct. Let me know what's in your trunk. Thanks in advance.

Cudaized

Reaction score
70 Cudas came with both types of jacks. The solid "T" mast and box steel. The majority had light gray painted parts but some are black. My Cuda is an original 70, 440+6 built in 11/69 and has the box steel jack with gray painted parts, but I have seen many original Cudas with the solid jack. Make sure the date code stamped into the movable part of the jack is close to the production date of your car. It would be a number + letter ie: 9E, 0J, 1E the 9,0,1 are the year 69,70,71 the letters A to M represent the month, A=January to M=December "I" is not used. This date code is stamped into the side steel of the movable part or on the end of the large rivet.

Reaction score
Thank you Cudaized, I knew someone had a jack in their trunk. Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is the info I needed and more.The added date info is a bonus. Thanks again and have a great day. Russ

Back