• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda trunk vent lines

oneof52

Reaction score
Hello, would anyone have a diagram of the trunk gas tank vent lines? Where it ultimately ends and connections. Tied looking into the manual but did not find anything informative. These are the tubes that connect to the nipple of the gas tank on the right side, then through the frame, but that's where I get stumped. Any diagrams would be appreciated.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I take it you're looking for under the trunk floor

TankVent1.jpg

TankVent3.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Here's under my car. Pretty sure this is correct because I never altered anything in this area since I bought the car in 1979

TankVent6.jpg

TankVent7a.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Not sure I know what that other “piece “ is that you’re talking about. My second pic is the black rubber hose clamped to the gas tank. Then it goes through the frame (near the top of that pic) and in the first pic it exits the frame opening then clamped to one end of the vent tube. Can you edit my pictures to show where that other piece could possibly be?

oneof52

Reaction score
The tube that’s shaped like an S. I think it gets connected to the nipple with the rubber hose

oneof52

Reaction score
Correction, the trunk tube connects to the nipple and the larger tube connects to the s shaped tube

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Thanks, that’s a new one on me. I’ll have to investigate and research that. Hopefully someone on here can take a picture of their car with it.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any pictures? I need to install this also and I don't have a clue where the "S" shaped tube goes. I also had part my frame rail replaced and there is no hole for the lines to go through. So I need to figure that out also.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
@MoparCarGuy Thank you for the pictures. I couldn't figure out how that "S" shaped line went, now I know. Looks like I need that elongated hole in my frame rail. Thanks again.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Yes, thanks for that picture. It would seem mine probably rotted out and was replaced with the rubber line as pictured in my previous post.

Back