• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda

dodge69r

Reaction score
Hi everyone I know this sounds strange but I may have come across a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible 4 speed car at least that is what the person is telling me.Other than checking the serial number and the fender tag how do I verify that it is for real and not a fake.I am a "B" body and "A" body kind of guy and this "E" body stuff is all new to me.The car is suppose to be in excellent shape except for the wiring which the mice have gotten to.Any advice as to what to look for would be nice and any advice as to what the car is worth would help me a lot.Thanks in advance for your help,dodge69r.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hi everyone I know this sounds strange but I may have come across a 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible 4 speed car at least that is what the person is telling me.Other than checking the serial number and the fender tag how do I verify that it is for real and not a fake.I am a "B" body and "A" body kind of guy and this "E" body stuff is all new to me.The car is suppose to be in excellent shape except for the wiring which the mice have gotten to.Any advice as to what to look for would be nice and any advice as to what the car is worth would help me a lot.Thanks in advance for your help,dodge69r.

Welcome, this is interesting. You should look for all the same markers that a hemi B-body would have. Make sure the hemi is indicated in the vin and then make sure that # jives with all of the stamped body numbers, rad support, top of cowl, door vin sticker and trunk lid gutter under weatherstripping. Fender tag and build sheet would be nice too.
Let us know how it goes.

Devil

Reaction score
Check for torque boxes under the frame, a skid plate at the front of the K-member, an R in the vin.

Take a ton of pictures. Let me know what you find. I could do a write up on it for the magazine.

dodge69r

Reaction score
No I have not seen it yet because the gentleman that says he has it will not return my phone calls.He has set up a time to see it twice and then calls and cancels.Remember I said I may have found a 70 cuda,this is all based on what he told me,so far no real evidence that the car really exhists.tHIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE AUGUST 2010.I really hope the car is for real but I am at his mercy if he does not return my calls unless I go to his house again and knock on the door.

Burnt Orange

Reaction score
Sounds really fishy.......but
He may have flaked out with so many people, that he may actually have it and everyone else has just written him off as a liar!

I'd be at his house with a tow truck, an armoured car full of money and the transfer papers ready to go! You gotta know this could be a really high $$ car.
DON'T GIVE UP ON HIM!!

How did you find out about it? We love the stories.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Proceed with caution. Sounds like he either is not rely wanting to sell it or is just jerking you around. Hope it pans out for you. That would be a sweet find.

kudakoda

Reaction score
70 Cuda vert Hemi

Numbers guys chime in please. My records indicate,"Of the (19) 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertibles built (14) came with auto's and only (5) with 4 speeds. All (5) of the convertibles were shaker hood cars (code N96) and (9) of the auto cars had shakers. I believe that all (5) of the '70 Hemi Convertible 4 speed cars have been accounted for. Or did I misread something?

K

Last edited:

Devil

Reaction score
All Hemi Cuda's came stock with a shaker hood. The moment you checked the Hemi box, you automatically got the shaker hood, convertible or not. Challengers they were optional. So someone is giving you some crazy information.

Not all 70 Hemi Cuda Vert 4-speed cars have been accounted for.

kudakoda

Reaction score
All Hemi Cuda's came stock with a shaker hood. The moment you checked the Hemi box, you automatically got the shaker hood, convertible or not. Challengers they were optional. So someone is giving you some crazy information.

Not all 70 Hemi Cuda Vert 4-speed cars have been accounted for.

Right, my bad.................the Hemi's were all N96 cars. I'll research the locations of the (5 ) cars further. At any rate with there only being (5) 1970 four speed Hemi vert cars recorded it would be a very rare find!

Thx

K

dodge69r

Reaction score
Well his wife finally called me today and said that the car is not for sale anymore (that is if it really was a real car in the first place,since I never got to see it).Sorry to gotten you great MOPAR people involved with the questions and all but I thought this may have turned into something good.Thanks everyone who responded and told me what to look for had I been able to see the car.Best of luck with all your projects Bob.

MtNemoMopar

Reaction score
No I have not seen it yet because the gentleman that says he has it will not return my phone calls.
I didn't know that Westover had phones now!:rolleyes:
I think I have heard about this same car. Is it supposed to be black?
Good luck, I hope it's real, and I hope you get it!

Back