• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70AAR Cuda in Nevada help with valuation

troyintahoe

Reaction score
I tracked down a 70 AAR Cuda 340 here in Nevada. Original owner is still hanging onto it, but I am starting to soften him up. He raced the car a few times many years ago.

Body needs restored, rear fenders were cut for racing and widened, original hood is missing. The original motor and tranny are long gone. It looks to have no rust and the interior is in very good original condition. Original wheels are stored with the car, but not on it.

What is a fair price range for this car? Thanks in advance, Troy

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Tough to say without seeing pics. The original engine and trans are gone, but does it come with running gear?.

troyintahoe

Reaction score
AAR

YEs, it does come with the original running gear. The body is a little rough but not rusty.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Sorry Troy, by running gear I ment engine and trans that replaced the originals.

troyintahoe

Reaction score
AAR

Has no motor at all and the original tranny is in it, needs rebuilt. Original rear end is in it as well. I just don't want to rip the guy off or pay too much. Troy

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Still a tough call, but since nobody else is participating, I'll go out on a limb(should draw in a few more responses) and say 8 to 12K, maybe more depending on manual or auto, what color, standard or ralley gauges, documentation, original radiator or the other high dollar one year only, 340 only parts etc.
When are you going to look at it?

troyintahoe

Reaction score
AAR

I'm not really sure but I will try and get pics while I am there. That sounds about right to me. I initially offered him $8,500. Troy

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'm not really sure but I will try and get pics while I am there. That sounds about right to me. I initially offered him $8,500. Troy
From what little I know about it, I would say that would be well bought. Love to hear some more details on it when you get them, good luck with the deal.

3406pk

Reaction score
It's most likely that you will never find a TA engine or heads for the car; so not much chance to make a true AAR cuda out of it. So just get it for under $12k and put engine you want in it and enjoy.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It's most likely that you will never find a TA engine or heads for the car; so not much chance to make a true AAR cuda out of it. So just get it for under $12k and put engine you want in it and enjoy.

I've seen a couple come up over the past few years, engines and or heads, but they are expensive!!.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I couldn't say what the car is worth without at least seeing a picture of it. If it's cut up and was made into a racecar, who knows? I think, just my opinion, $8000 is to much.

On a side note, my buddy's got a AAR 340 motor in his 71 Dart, and I know he knows of another one for sale, so I think the motor's are still out there.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You could be right on that Alleyoop, but it really does come down to whats left of the original car, inc. documentation, and how it was optioned. Really would need to see pics to narrow it down.

jeryst

Reaction score
I've been looking for an AAR project for quite a while, and have never found one for under $18k no matter how bad they were.

quapman

Reaction score
Anything under $15K is a bargain.

"Running gear" definitions must be different regionally. To me it's synonymous with "suspension".

Engine/trans are "drivetrain".

HAARY

Reaction score
I have had my AAR Cuda since 1984. It has been very reliable and parts are relatively easy to get.

74 challenger

Reaction score
$12000 for no motor , need quarters maybe wheel wells and no hood?I would look for another car but that is my opinion.

troyintahoe

Reaction score
AAR

It has the fender tag and the build sheet. This guy is the original owner!

He still wont sell it to me, so I will keep after him. He says he used to do a little body work and claims he will restore it some day.

He is probably 65-68 years old or so. I doubt he will ever touch it. I keep pestering him and see if he will sell it to me some day. Troy

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but it is true. If you can, get to know his children. He may never sell it, but they might after he is gone. I have the same thing going on with a 3,000 original mile 69 Camaro SS. I don't particularly want the car for myself. I do want to get it out of the garage where it is because the garage is getting bad. Soon water will be dripping in on the car. The car is covered in old cloth tarps. Once they get wet it will be a disaster. The children of the woman who owns it will sell it to me when their Mom is gone. They are working on getting Mom to let me cover it in plastic tarps before it gets wet. This car was bought new by her and her husband. Sometimes people won't let go because it causes a finality to a death or whatever. Maybe it is the same way with your guy. It is a symbol of something in his life that he does not want to give up.

Back