• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Barracuda Convertible Windshield Frame

pilotbuilder

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am restoring a 71 Barracuda convertible. I removed the chrome trim around the windshield only find that the windshield frame itself has major rust issues and will need to be replaced. is there a company that makes a reproduction windshield frame sheet metal for an e-body convertible that I can buy or should I cross my fingers and start searching swap meets and junk yards?

crocha617

Reaction score
There are no reproductions available for a convertible. Where is it rotted? I have a convertible one in my garage but it is promised to someone else. I can ask him if he really needs it.

pilotbuilder

Reaction score
Crocha617, thanks for responding. The frame is rusted away completely across the top and has major rust on the drivers side.

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5768.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO.
Hope someone, somewhere can help you obtain a decent convertible header. They are hard to find. Glad you are saving another convertible.
Where was the car that it rusted to that degree?

pilotbuilder

Reaction score
It was in a garage for the 30 years. My father bought for me when I was in high school. I was going to sell it when I was in college, but he convinced me I would come to regret it later. He told me I could keep it in his garage until I was ready to restor it. That was 30 years ago.

FYI, Someone has already contacted me about a windshield frame (header) they may be able to sell me.

fk5aar

Reaction score
Your father was smarter than most, keep us posted on the replacement and resto!

pilotbuilder

Reaction score
Unfortunately, i never heard from the potential seller of the windshield frame for my 71 barracuda convertible, so i am still looking.

Thanks

Back