• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'71 Barracuda Dash Cluster

Claudia

Reaction score
Looking for some more knowledge . . . I currently have a '72 - '74 Rally Gauge cluster that came as extra parts with my '71 Barracuda.

My question is, can I purchase a '71 Speedometer and a '71 Clock both with the offset reset knobs and bolt them directly into the '72 - '74 Rally Gauge housing?

I also realize that I would need to change out the lens cover and wood-grain face panel with a '71 to accommodate the new location of the reset knobs.

js29

Reaction score
Your tachometer is different, 70-71 have an 8 thousand RPM scale 72-4 are 7. I don't see any reason whey you can't do what you already planed, is the back marked for the spots to locate were the clock and speedometer shafts go?

Claudia

Reaction score
Yes, I also realize that I will need to change out the tachometer as well. My main question is basically if the gauge housings are the same from '70-'74? So, since I already have the main housing and bezel, can I just change out the speedometer, tachometer, clock, lens and front face plate to turn it into a '70-'71 or would I have to buy an actual '70-'71 cluster?

js29

Reaction score
I would say if you have any dimples in the back of it to locate were the shafts go, and I do be leave the bezel has the holes in the back of it. I think I would go ahead and convert it.the housing is pot metal and will drill easily, and the holes in the back side of the bezel will tell you what size hole to drill.

Back