• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger power Convertible question

RJHJR

Reaction score
Anti rattlers are on top, 71 had screws, 70 did not.

Boots are annoying but look really cool, wait until the clips start breaking and scratching things. Unless mine is moving the top is up so I don't really use it anymore, except July 4th and my wedding anniversary.

Best thing to do is let the boot sit in the sun and get really soft. After the seat strip is in, start in the middle of the back and work both directions, keep going until they are all on and then go get less cooperative ones. Some one to help makes it easier.

I would think someone with a 3D printer and some ingenuity could develop a fix that slides onto the two prongs bc once that breaks they don't stay on very well and sewing in new ones cannot be easy.

doubleyellow

Reaction score
@RJHJR....thanks on the anti-rattle......definitely know why they added screws in 71.....my repro anti-rattle's pop out of the bracket every time I raise the top. Maybe I can find a better repro.

presstech27

Reaction score
Mine are above. Replaced both with repop pieces, one snapped right in place, the other took a lot of effort but it finally snapped in.
Now on a somewhat related topic, Why is the convertible top boot so hard to put on? I have screwed with this thing for a few hours, got three clips on and broke one. It cannot be this difficult...
Jeff, let it sit out in the sun for an hour or so to make everything more pliable, that should help. I see this is an old thread, but I didn't see an answer, so I offered this solution. If you did previously get it to work, let us know how you did it.

Back