• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger RT stripe

sanman68

Reaction score
Does the RT stripe on a 1971 Challenger go under the door handle or was it cut around the handle? Mine over laps into the ridge were the door handle goes. It seems like it wont want to hold like that. I could easily take the door handle off and put it underneath or should a cut it a certain distance from the handle?. Also how far from the edge of the door /quarter was the stripe cut? Any easy ways to cut and have it look perfect?

Thanks
Sanman

IMAG0005.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
You need to remove the door handles to properly install the stripe as it goes under the handle. At the quarter and door the stripe wraps around the edges, it does not stop at or before the edge. Your stripe does not look like it is laid out properly. Where did you get it?

sanman68

Reaction score
I was looking at the pic I posted and I don't think the decal is right either. Shoot. I think I got it from classic industries but I gotta check.

moparleo

Reaction score
Before you install the stripes you need to fix the gap between the quarter panel and the door. The stripes should be the last thing that you install and you need to have the proper directions on the stripe installation.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Here's the way the door gap and non RT stripe should look on a 71 vert
This person also added the rear quarter louver from an RT car
71challenger5.jpg

Dino2 (1).gif

sanman68

Reaction score
I know they didn't make a 71 RT convertible, but I like the RT stripe. I'm putting a 440 six pack in it and they didn't offer that engine either. The original engine/trans/buildsheet/fender tag were lost before I got the car.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Ultimately it's your car and I'm sure it's going to be a stunner when it's finished, I just had to mention it.

Back