• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 challenger seatbelt location.......pics needed.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the rear seatbelt retractors for a 71 challenger? I also need the location for the shoulder harness on the roof. I could use the measurement from the rear clip to the mounting hole. The headliner and all trim is in already.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
really?? no one has rear seat belts in their car? how about this, can anyone tell me if the 71 challenger had retractable rear seat belts or just the belt laying there?

moparlee

Reaction score
I have my original 71 Challenger and another one. Neither one has retractable seat belts for the rear. They just lay on the seat. I can get a pic of the front shoulder belt tomorrow.

moparmaniac10

Reaction score
Thanks. I was told that the retractors started in 71, but there is no way they will fit, except if I put the retractors in the middle of the seat rather than the ends.

moparlee

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the passenger side. There are two belt holding clips and one anchor point. The first clip is 8" from the windshield top edge, the second clip is 9" from the first clip, and the anchor point is 17" from the second clip. Hope this helps you out.

Picture 050.jpg

Picture 051.jpg

Picture 053.jpg

Back