• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger tail bezel paint colour

Challengaaah

Reaction score
Hi there - does anyone know what colour the inside and rim of the taillight bezel should be on a 71 Chal? See pictures with the arrows. I had a close look at mine - it is a strange colour, it looks like an off-white, or a dirty ceramic colour. Like a base silver without the silver glint, if that makes sense. i am making mine an RT clone, so the back panel will be blacked out. See also the other photo, a picture of an RT with all black everywhere. It actually looks quite cool, but i think i would prefer to stick closer to how the factory had it.

looking at the blue car, maybe it is silver but mine has been faded. It is definitely NOT the same colour as the rest of the panel

thanks

KM_1971SIXP.jpg

1971 Rt Dark Blue Metallic XX2.jpg

burdar

Reaction score
My guess is that it's non textured argent. The same stuff used on the Rallye wheels. I think there was a post on this over on another site. Let me see if I can find it for you.

Last edited:

Challengaaah

Reaction score
Thanks for looking Burdar, my first thought was Argent as well. Thats looking at other cars' pictures. Except mine has lost most of the paint and looks like it is right down to the base coat of whatever colour it was. I did see that post on Moparts, its quite comprehensive. I'm a bit worried that if i do it in silver it will be too bright compared to the rest of the black. Maybe i'm worrying too much though...About the 71 grille, its interesting that the black you see on the RT in the centre section was the original colour of the black plastic. Will have to paint the aluminium outer sections though.

I might try all black on the back and do a dummy fit and see if i like it. Its not a genuine RT and values of these muscle cars have really dropped here in Australia so its a case of pleasing myself.

Back